Restoring Deleted Run / Garmin (Read 50 times)

dcowboys31

I ran the furthest so far today (14 miles) and never looked at my watch so was excited to see everything. Tried to sync with Garmin connect and it failed stating I had to delete some past runs to connect and gave me a file# to delete, with my watch still connected I deleted that file, turns out it was todays run. Does anyone know if I can get this back somehow? Really not sure why but really would like to have every long run I have done recorded.

File # was 86NB5024.fit.

Jay

an amazing likeness

Did your run upload to Garmin Connect?  It's not clear (to me) from your message if it's there, or you deleted it from the watch itself before uploading to Garmin Connect.

If the run is in your Garmin Connect, then you can export it via the gear icon in the upper right from the activity details screen.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

dcowboys31

No, I was never able to download it. For the first time the Garmin Connect gave me an error message while attempting to sync the workout and it had this run file that needed to be deleted. I guess if I disconnected my watch (did not delete from my watch) it would have been fine, but it was still connected when I went and deleted the fie. It stinks because this was the one workout I was really hoping to get some feedback on.

Jay

an amazing likeness

Sounds like the raw data from your Garmin is lost -- but you can manually add the run via Garmin Connect using what you remember from the watch for the workout time and distance.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.