The Sweet Jacket (Read 1362 times)

L Train

I wear it all the time and have been known to wear it in polite company when not even running.

I haven't seen this shirt.

kcam

This isn't a piece of race apparel per se but my favorite race schwag is a 2nd in AG coffee mug that I got from the 2009 Cowtown 1/2 marathon.  It holds special memories (as well as coffee) because I ran that race with JimHowe and NorrinRad(John) from RA and we all got AG mugs.   Road trip with JH, met up with John,his wife, (and even got to meet the famous pooch in his avatar!), good times .... didn't matter that John and JimHowe got 1st place mugs and I got 2nd!  Was my 1/2 marathon PR for awhile too.  I wish we had thought to take a group picture with our mugs.

MTA:  John ran the full marathon while Jim and I ran the half

Roses Revenge

I seem to be alternating between my pink long sleeved Girlfriends Half shirt from 2009 and my long sleeved Maine Marathon shirt from 2010.

Girlfriends was fun because it had been sold out for months and had a few places open up at the last minute and I grabbed one.  Maine  because it was the first of my Portland/Portland Coast to Coast marathons.  I wore the Portland, Oregon shirt in Maine, so it seems reasonable to wear the Portland Maine shirt in Oregon.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

A highschool shirt. The shirt was a training shirt and owned by the team, the only way to claim it for yourself was to break the event record. It was a 3200m Relay shirt.

We did break the school record and had all 4 names put on all 4 shirts.

I have had 4 separate girlfriends try and throw that out, but the shirt has outlasted them.

I left highschool 25+ yrs. ago Wink So the shirt is a tad thin in some spots.

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
          Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

keeponrunning

One of the few things from races I wear out fairly often is from the Canadian Breast Cancer Run.  Good shirt, actually fits, and it's the only race I've ever won overall female, so it holds a little bit of special meaning.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've been pretty pleased with MOST of the tech shirts I've received, with the exception of the 3 super cheap, no-name-brand shirts with funky fit and/or HUGE pasticy, non-breathing graphics.  Those are useless.  One is a unisex small and fits me like a dress with sleeves that come way past my fingers.  And those big logo ones always stink, too.

But I love all the race shirts I have from major manufacturers with reasonable graphics...these are primarily Brooks Podium shirts or Race Ready.  The Race Ready ones are particularly comfy and silky.  I have a NB one that is really nice, too.  White and no stains of any sort, even though I wear it all the time.  The graphic is funny...a hound dog wearing lederhosen and hoisting a beer stein.  From one of my very favorite HMs.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I got a fleece hat from the Hot Chocolate 5k/15k in Chicago in 2009.  It was a particularly bad running time in my life...I had just come back from 2 sprained ankles...I had registered for the 15k, but could only "run" the 5k.  I drove to Chicago, picked up my packet, stayed at the W Lakeshore, ate at my favorite tapas place, met a couple of great RA'ers, had a wonderful post race chocolate treat, got a spa treatment...it was the most money I had ever spent on a race...and only a 5k...but it was one of the best experiences of my life.  They gave away a nice windbreaker too....but the hat makes me happier.

Best Present Ever

I have a long sleeved cotton t shirt from the first race I ever ran.  I thought I'd done something extraordinary running four whole miles in a row.  It's dark blue and has a drawing of a woman runner on the front, and the name of the race in big letters on the sleeve.  That race has now become an all-pink, save the tatas, faux Komen race that raises money for what  I think are fairly questionable purposes for our local hospital, with lots of pink silliness along the course.   I particularly treasure this first race shirt  -- it was my first race, it was a race that was all-women, not flashy, fairly small and hoopla free on a beautiful course.  

xor

I embody pink silliness.

(I also have spent enough time diving into various charities and hoopla that I think I get what you mean)

Although far from tops in the aesthetic category, I have to say that I probably wear my 2010 Boston Prep orange cotton LS shirt more than any other race shirt.

Goals for 2013: sub 18 5K; stay healthy

joescott

My favorite is probably my 2004 Boston Marathon (Image Impact) Jacket.  I don't wear it very often, but frequently when I do I come across someone who asks, "2004... that was the hot year, wasn't it?"

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

xhristopher

Although far from tops in the aesthetic category, I have to say that I probably wear my 2010 Boston Prep orange cotton LS shirt more than any other race shirt.

I wear that one. Hat too

Initially I was happy to get a tech shirt this year but found the sleeves short and poofy. Not a good fit. The bag has already found uses though.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I always wear monkey gear.

Yeah.  I know.  Right?

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

http://www.wintertrailrun.net/bag.jpg

The tote from the Bratram 50k. Mine is red instead of blue.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, you left the category pretty vague so here are mine:

I love hoodies. So my top four are hoodies:

1. Pine Mountain 40 Mile finisher hoodie. It's the only hoodie that I earned rather than bought, thus securing the number 1 spot. Finisher award. 

2. Marathon Maniac grey embroidered hoodie. Bought it, but it's awesome. And in a way, I earned it too.

3. Deadwood/Mickelson Trail Marathon hoodie. I like this. Bought it. 

4. Diamond Lake hoodie. This is where I stayed the night before the Crater Lake Marathon and the blueberry pancakes at Diamond Lake Lodge have never been equaled. Bought it. 

5. Mount Desert Island Marathon windshirt. Nice alternative to the standard T. Race schwag.

6. Blue Ridge Mountain Masters 50k coffee mug. Finisher award. Unlike the others, I use this every day. 

7. Grandma's Marathon red windshirt. I use this all the time. Bought it. 

8. New York City Marathon Jacket. It looks nice. Bought it. I wear this a lot in non-running-related venues so it's versatile. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016