The Sweet Jacket (Read 1362 times)

xor

For the record, I'm really impressed with those of you who have kept shirts intact for 20 years.  Or even 10.  I can't do it.

Kalsarikännit

I run in my Bandera 100k jacket every day this time of year.  It is black, so I can wear it with anything and it is cut for a woman and is flattering (aka slimming).  Plus it may be my favorite race so I am very proud to wear its logo.  I like The Race That's Good for Life (5k, Oak Park, IL) women's shirt for the same reason, it has a great cut.  I like wearing my Pikes Peak Marathon shirt at races where there are small bumps or hills that induce a lot of whining (I wore it at last year's Boston).  It has magical powers.  Nobody complains to me about 35 foot climbs when I have it on.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

I got a jacket when I completed the California Dreamin' series.  You had to complete some combination of half or full in San Francisco, Surf City (Huntington Beach) and Long Beach.  I did the half in San Fran and Surf City.  I did Long Beach last and completed the full.  The jacket is a really nice windbreaker, black with a small logo on the front.  It reminds me of what I was able to accomplish!

Today I wore a Nike Dri-Fit I still have from '95 or '96.  I think that's when they first started coming out, right?

Just last summer, I finally retired my '93 State Track Meet t-shirt.  It would have made a great wet t-shirt contest shirt...even in a contest without the water.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

if KOB carries me the length of the Monkey - all will be forgiven. Because there sure ain't any other way I'd make it to the finish... Joking

Maybe he can push you in a stroller?  Are strollers allowed at the monkey?

Kalsarikännit

if KOB carries me the length of the Monkey - all will be forgiven. Because there sure ain't any other way I'd make it to the finish... Joking

I like this idea.  It is the only way I can compete with him in a race.

Are you sure you want this though, Brat?  Have you ever seen how the women are carried in the wife-carrying races?  That might be rough over the course of a marathon.

wife-carrying championships

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

L Train

Canadians.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

For the record, I'm really impressed with those of you who have kept shirts intact for 20 years.  Or even 10.  I can't do it.

I have underwear that old

xor

I have underwear that old

That's different.  Underwear doesn't get pit stains.

xor

Are you sure you want this though, Brat?  Have you ever seen how the women are carried in the wife-carrying races?  That might be rough over the course of a marathon.

They are doing it wrong.

Jill_B

I fly.

I just ran in my Reach the Beach shirt from 2001.  It is no longer white, but more of an off-white, but it doesn't look too terrible. 

Bring it on.

keeponrunning

Canadians.

*shakes head* Americans. 

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Oh my.
                            xor

So you have to be shaken a lot, upside down, perhaps to drop on your head, while smelling man ass.

There is NOTHING good that can come of this.

The King of Beasts

After the monkey, and after the beer tent, I will be offering "rides" to any girl that needs one.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”