Setting up Virtual Partner on Garmin 310 (Read 907 times)

tomatolover

I've read the manual, enabled VP but still have no idea how to set up virtual partner... i'm wondering if anyone can give me a point by point "buttons to push" lesson on how to set this up since all i can do right now is "enable" though nothing else.  Thanks

an amazing likeness

Although it uses the Forerunner 305 rather than the 310 you have, here is a Youtube video of someone setting up a Virtual Partner using a course already in the Forerunner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjn_CTfNW2I

In the sample above, they used a course already in the Forerunner. You can also send a course to the Forerunner from Garmin Training Center and other apps.  (I think RA as well, but I've never tried it...)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

It can be done without using the Course feature, too.  Just set up any simple workout -- you pick two of Pace, Distance and/or Time.  The device will create a VP who's going to run exactly your target pace/distance/time.  Scroll through the display screens until you find the one with the VP split-screen; it will NOT be there until you've set up your basic workout.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau