Nike Air Pegasus 27? (Read 1327 times)

Slice

Does anyone run in the Nike Air Pegasus 27? I'm looking for another shoe to throw into my rotation that doesn't break the bank or my feet. The Pegasus is cheap, but I want to make sure that it's not because they suck as a running shoe. I currently run in Mizuno Wave Riders - which I love - but they wear out fast. I am brutal on shoes so I want something I can throw into the mix that's more affordable. I also have Adidas Supernova Glide and I'm not really in love with them, but largely b/c they aren't my beloved Mizunos. I'm a neutral runner and the guy at the shoe store said that b/c of the way I strike on my forefoot and have little to no pronation, it wears out the forefoot of my shoe quicker. (He's a nice guy and I don't think he's B.S.ing me) Any suggestions?

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

I wear only the Air Pegasus.  I didn't like the look of the 27 and have worn the Pegasus 26 for a while.  However, we were in local shop signing up for a half marathon a month ago and I heard someone mention they had just got the black ones in so I had to check them out.  Loved the look so I bought them and broke them in and ran with them at Indy a couple of days.  Love the shoes and love the price.  They are worth giving a try. 

2011 Goals:
        Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
        Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
      Slice

Sold! Thanks for the feedback. I just can't turn away a good deal. Kohl's has them for $79.99 plus a 15% off coupon.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

I just bought a pair yesterday and went out for a quick run. The felt great right out of the box. I have used the Pegasus since I began running over a year and a half ago. I also have a pair of Saucony Razors for the winter and a pair of LunarGlides. I've had the Pegasus 25 and 26. I preferred the 25 over the 26 and now seem to like the 27 or the 25's, but its still early.

They are not the best looking of the three models and my LRS only had the white/blue color available. The toe box is wide enough for me without having to order a wide shoe like I do in most other brands.

I don't care for the LunarGlides much. They have less cushion then the Pegasus and at 195 or so, I appreciate the cushion of the 27's.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Roxy27

my little devil

I loved the pegasus until I started running longer runs, they were not supportive enough. However, for short runs they are awesome. Very lightweight and comfy.

I wear the Mizuno wave riders too!