Funny Observations while running (Read 1311 times)

dubczech

So....i was out on my normal route, which involves running under the interstate for about 3/4 of a mile, which has a trolley stop. On one of the benches was what can only be accurately be described as a whino (no offense intended, but seriously, just a straight up whino). Anyways, i took a look as I was passing him (at my atrociously slow pace) and there he was......relieving himself. He wasn't facing away from the road, or being discrete about it. He was lying on the bench facing the road, unzipped, whipped it out and started....relieving himself. It was very amusing, and I laughed about it the rest of my run. Anyone else?
    Go Daddy

I don't have to go.
        Last week I was running my usual morning route and there was a man sitting on his front steps. I have frequently seen him sitting there, smoking a cigarette, or just watching the traffic go by. Anyway, on this particular morning I swear he had on black stockings and either a black skirt or shorts. I said "good morning" and kept on going, refused to look back for a second look. Shocked
        Goals:HM <2:30:00 htfu encourage my dh to get out of his recliner. htfu="" encourage="" my="" dh="" to="" get="" out="" of="" his=""></2:30:00 htfu encourage my dh to get out of his recliner.>
          I kinda think the story about the man peeing under the bridge is more sad than funny really, that this is his situation, is likely some really unfortunate chain of events, this is sad, not really something to laugh at.
          The Graduates - a community of post C25K runners!

Started Running 21 April 2008

2008 Running Goals
          • Finish C25K 22 Jun 2008
          • Run 5K 43:29 29 Jun 2008
          • Complete a 10K fun run
            Not really funny, but an observation nonetheless: I run in the early morning, all year round. My usual route is a five-mile course along the streets near my home. Anyway, there's one old guy (age 70 or so) who walks every morning as well. We always exchange "good morning" as we meet each other on more or less the same spot every day. The cute part is that every winter the "warm-weather" runners suddenly stop showing up. The dog-walkers say inside, and the teenagers in basketball shorts find better things to do. But the old gentleman and me, we're still there, every day, saying "good morning." Shy Running is a friendly sport.
            Do bears bear? Do bees be?

Menace to Sobriety

I was visiting my brother in Knoxville a couple years ago. While running in the downtown area, near a Salvation Army or some such shelter, I was approached several times by the clientele panhandling for spare change. I mean, I'm in running shorts and a tank top running shirt, how much money am I gonna have on me?

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

xor

I used to live (and therefore run) in downtown seattle. "Homeless man peeing" was a frequent sight. "Homeless man pooping" was fortunately a sight more rare. Both were very sad. Here's the funny one. I'm running. In running clothes. "Hey man, got a light?" Undecided Not funny ha ha, but definitely funny strange.

Here's the funny one. I'm running. In running clothes. "Hey man, got a light?" Undecided Not funny ha ha, but definitely funny strange.
                  I've gotten that, too.
                    ... there's one old guy (age 70 or so) ...
                    Was it Groucho who said something like "I resemble that remark" ...? Smile Ok, so a couple years ago I was running at the high school track one morning when a PE teacher had her class come out and do some laps. One girl decided to beat her friends to the end of the straightaway and raced out ahead of them. I was in the middle of a 150m interval, in lane 8, as I slowly passed her. One of her friends yelled out "Hey, you can't even run as fast as that old man." Thursday I rounded a bend on a nature park trail and surprised a squirrel who immediately jumped to the right side of the trail to get out of my way, but then did an immediate 180 to go to the other side. It totally cracked me up to see the squirrel change its mind in a flash and almost end up jumping right into me.
                    JakeKnight

Today I spent a mile of a 5k running behind a guy wearing only his Fruit-of-the-Loom whitey-tighties. Had I been in less pain at the time, I suspect it would have been pretty funny. And now I finally understand why my better half keeps trying to talk me into boxers.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                      -----------------------------

Half Fanatic #846

"Hey man, got a light?"
                        The addicted can get desperate - after all, there was a one in a million chance you had one!

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

I as out running the other night with my hubby and saw a guy out in his lawn. Then I hear a little boy calling him. I run around the corner and there are three little kids all with not overly long shirts on and no shorts. I looked back at my husband to see if he had seen them; he had a huge smile on his face and was doing his best to not laugh too loud. It had to be a dad with an evening at home alone with the kids.

Jazz hands!

When I lived in Hollywood, I once observed a man park, get out of his car, pay the meter, and walk nonchalantly down the street while wearing a shirt, jacket, tightie-whities, shoes, and socks... no pants. Very strange.
                            run run run AHHHHHH run run run
                              I was visiting my brother in Knoxville a couple years ago. While running in the downtown area, near a Salvation Army or some such shelter, I was approached several times by the clientele panhandling for spare change. I mean, I'm in running shorts and a tank top running shirt, how much money am I gonna have on me?
                              I've been asked for money many times while running, and I always wonder what these people are thinking - especially because a few of them have been very persistent and insisted that they knew I had money that I didn't want to give to them. Do I honestly look like I'm carrying a bunch of money in my running shorts?
                              Carps10

Not really funny, but an observation nonetheless: I run in the early morning, all year round. My usual route is a five-mile course along the streets near my home. Anyway, there's one old guy (age 70 or so) who walks every morning as well. We always exchange "good morning" as we meet each other on more or less the same spot every day. The cute part is that every winter the "warm-weather" runners suddenly stop showing up. The dog-walkers say inside, and the teenagers in basketball shorts find better things to do. But the old gentleman and me, we're still there, every day, saying "good morning." Shy Running is a friendly sport.
                                I've also observed that when it rains, even if it's just the tiniest drizzle, the usual biking/running/walking noobs are nowhere to be seen.