Albuterol Question (Read 420 times)

Trent maybe?? My son uses Albuterol when his allergy induced asthma kicks in. I'm just curious- his pediatrician originally prescribed the Albuterol with cfcs. I started asking questions and learned later that they make Albuterol w/o cfcs. Why do they use / or even prescribe w/ cfcs if one exists w/o them? My ped simply stated that the amount of cfcs is so small that he's not worried about any harm. But it doesn't make sense to put them in your child's system if you don't have to. What's the difference?
      My son uses Albuterol too, when his Asthma kicks in. That is a good question, I'll have to check out which his is. I prefer to use the mini-nebulizer (sp?), the inhaler seems more like putting chemicals into his system...But it isn't always practical to plug that thing in when we are out and about!

Michelle

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

There is clinically no difference. The one containing CFCs is bad for the environment. Burns a hole in the ozone. Bad.
          There is clinically no difference. The one containing CFCs is bad for the environment. Burns a hole in the ozone. Bad.
          So I'm still confused as why they'd even prescribe something with CFCs when there's one w/o that does the same thing? Why would my ped do that when it's not necessary? (I am realizing that he said the amounts are so small he's not concerned about harm to my son.) As much as we have to use it, though, wouldn't that add up!? Are you of the same opinion that to use the CFC product really is no big deal either? I'm wondering if it has something to reduced manufacturing costs or something?? Maybe the one w/o was produced after the CFC one was? I am one who's pretty conservative with what meds go into our (especially my kid's) bodies, so I'm puzzled with this. It defies logic.... Thanks Trent! Smile