Entering walking on the log (Read 869 times)

Life time runner wannabe

There is such a nice selection of activities in the drop down, but walking is not among them. I'm new and most of my sessions are about half and half walking and running. And on non-running days, I often use walking as cross training. Don't other people do this too?
    Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Hi Keikirunner If you se the 'Options' link (top right hand side) and then follow the 'My Log Preferences' and then look at the bottom where there is a blue link to 'Running' - click that and you will several spaces where you can add your own titles (like Walking) ... these will then appear in the options for your workouts. If you need more help just post another question! Neil UK

Running ... just keep running!

Life time runner wannabe

Hey Neil! I would never have found that on my own--THANKS!
        Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Hi You are more than welcome ... thats waht we do here in RA - help each other to get the best out of the site and to get the best from our running. Good luck with your C25K. Neil G UK Smile

Running ... just keep running!

IMichael

Exactly my question. I mostly run but am trying to add a walking group in my club and want to log my walking also. Thanks for the info... michael
            foolily

Hi Keikirunner If you se the 'Options' link (top right hand side) and then follow the 'My Log Preferences' and then look at the bottom where there is a blue link to 'Running' - click that and you will several spaces where you can add your own titles (like Walking) ... these will then appear in the options for your workouts. If you need more help just post another question! Neil UK

I couldn't find the blue link to "running", but then again this post is 2 years old.

has the link moved somewhere else or am i blind...

thanks!

click on - Options

then - Manage My Activities

then - Run

Modify away

foolily

thanks heffa, that was pretty easy.

now onto a new question- i've entered the same data for walking as i do for running (weight, distance, duration), and the number of calories burned for a running entry will show up but not when it is a walking entry.... am i missing something?

thanks!

eric :)

foolily,

There is no formula to calculate walking calories.  I looked into it a while back and found that the existing formulas are not accurate.