2019 Sub 3 hour marathon thread (Read 680 times)

slingrunner

Well, I think this thread has officially reached a new low over the last few pages. Didn't know I'd get called a loser for making a stupid joke. Let's see if we can bring up from there and get back to the normal chatter, you know like encouraging people to hit new PRs, commenting on best practices, or chatting about training theory in a constructive way.

Or we can keep yelling at each other. I guess that works too.

I prefer to assume that we are all being snarky and joking around with this.  If anybody is really passionately upset, that's really sad.

Back to pace though.  Yesterday I ran a no speedwork 15 miles on the treadmill.  I know some of you are robots, but for me that is mind crushingly boring.  My pace varied, the incline varied, I took breaks every 3 miles (the last 2 almost a half hour).  It was certainly suboptimal.  But it was the only way I was going to run it.  Today is 13 miles (pfitz is trying to get me to jump off a cliff) and it will be more of the same.

I'd like to welcome Jimmy Johnson into this thread.  He is running Boston with a goal of 3 hrs.  He's run a 20 mile run now for 5 weeks in a row.  He's already running 70 miles a week and is looking to push it as high as 100.  I assume since it is his first marathon, he's a charity runner, because if I get passed at the finish by a NASCAR driver, my dad will never let me hear the end of it.

5k- 18:55 (2018)    10K- 39:04 (2017)    Marathon- 3:00:10 (2018)

minmalS

Stotan Disciple

Quoting me over and over is a loser move. I ignored your 1st 4 comments. Suddenly it’s a joke. It’s not funny, it’s petty and a dick move.

Andreas was wrong about this that’s why I gave him an ironic wink. I didn’t come to liven up anything this all started from my describing my run and explaing my thoughts on useless paces. This isn’t my first week here. You’ve commented on my previous post,   I’ve always ignore you.

Now I won’t. You’ll definitely see.

Thinking should be done first, before training begins.

minmalS

Stotan Disciple

I'd like to welcome Jimmy Johnson into this thread.  He is running Boston with a goal of 3 hrs.  He's run a 20 mile run now for 5 weeks in a row.  He's already running 70 miles a week and is looking to push it as high as 100.  I assume since it is his first marathon, he's a charity runner, because if I get passed at the finish by a NASCAR driver, my dad will never let me hear the end of it.

Saw that article interesting how much volume hes put into it. I peaked at 55 miles for my 1st marathon and ran a 2:46 despite going 400 meters off course.

Think about the fact that if it’s a hot Boston. He may thrive.

Teperatures in those race cars get up to 120F.

Lance Armstrong  had very high goals too l had a pace band that said “Beat Lance” my goal was to run fatster than him. I almost did if not for the extra 800m.

btw I sent you a private message  back on Feb 6th did you ever see it??

Thinking should be done first, before training begins.

slingrunner

Nimmals- Yes, sorry I got your message.  I responded here to that (and something else) and you commented on it, so I figured it was redundant. In any case for better or worse I prefer racing on my own unless somebody was specifically pacing me.

Now under contract on a house, so things are starting to get really busy as I start to move.  Smack dab in the middle of my 13 mile run right now on break as I type, just to make everybody here cringe.

5k- 18:55 (2018)    10K- 39:04 (2017)    Marathon- 3:00:10 (2018)

Back to pace though.  Yesterday I ran a no speedwork 15 miles on the treadmill.  I know some of you are robots, but for me that is mind crushingly boring.  My pace varied, the incline varied, I took breaks every 3 miles (the last 2 almost a half hour).  It was certainly suboptimal.  But it was the only way I was going to run it.  Today is 13 miles (pfitz is trying to get me to jump off a cliff) and it will be more of the same.

Sling, do you have a TV in front of your treadmill? I can understand running on the treadmill with nothing to look at but a wall could be boring, but if you can watch something it's not that bad.

For this morning's TM run I watched the Paris 2003 WC 5000m final, where Kipchoge beat Kenny B and El Guerrouj in the final sprint. Kenny took it out blazingly fast; they went through 1600m in 4:05.  Faded a bit the next 1600, and then really slowed down till the last 800. El G took over and it seemed like he had it but Kipchoge dug even deeper. Probably Eliud's finest moment from his track career.

Then it went to some more El G races, including his mile WR where Ngeny hung with him all the way.

2:52:16 (2018)

You are all the stupidist stupids that ever stupid. If i have to, I'll go back to the wisdom of the pizza box: "seven days without pizza makes one week."

In other words, fuck you.

I played a trivia game tonight and one of the answers was General Tom Thumb. and if you got that right you definitely were cheating.

But lets slow things down a little...you are stupid. You are not a great runner. You're pretty much an average hobby jogger...which is awesome by the way, because that is way better than most shlowmos out there...you can run a marathon in half the time it takes Oprah or whatever to run one. You're not "elite":..but you're still really good. But not that good. nobody., really nobody cares, NOBODY CARES. IF you run 2:30 or 3:30 of 4:30 NOBODY CARES.

NOBODY CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except maybe me. I care. I think you're great. I think if you run a 2:30 or a 3:30 or whatever, you're actually doing something. i don't actually give a shit how you do it. You all end up doing it pretty much the same way. Oh...Lucille ran in the dead zone and fuckin' was haunted by Chrisopher Walken for like a year or some shit. what the fuck. Run, mostly easy, sometimes fast. jeezum crow.

Jeezum Crow.

Also, 7:40 is super easy. Unless it isn't. (but it super is). And just run easy. I endorse not wearing a watch (or at least not running to a watch).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
              We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
              Running Problem

Problem Child

If Jimmy Johnson breaks 3 I will hate him even more. He is up there with The Patriots but at least Jimmy admits it’s all NASCAR rigging the events and no one should run in to watch. It was hilarious. He is a NASCAR driver but also a SERIOUS cyclist and runner. He might be a charit runner but I would be confident putting $50 down to bet he runs fast enough to qualify legitimately.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

steve_