Tomorrow's 5K race forecast is: (Read 427 times)

Why is it sideways?

Yeah I'm really sure.

If your core is warm your hands will be warm, and if your core is cold your hands will be cold--pretty much period. Gloves (when running) are just to provide some superficial protection for your skin.

Gloves are like ski poles--they are the one piece of equipment you should spend like zero  money on. You'll get the exact same performance out of a pair of free cotton gloves as you will pair of super high tech maxi pissah ones from some triathlete catalog.

I agree with this assessment. I have a pair of nice gloves and hardly ever wear them because my hands get hot; I prefer the cotton gloves I bought at the gas station.

A Saucy Wench

Gloves?  In 48-50?

Yikes, I wouldnt race in gloves until it got below zero, although I would probably wear them for the warmup, but my hands run hot. Even on a slow recovery run gloves rarely stay on past a mile unless it is below 15 degrees.

Even in rain that's tshirt and shorts weather for a 5K for me.  Probably a throwaway or garbage bag for the starting line.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7