Is it OK to run through a community neighborhood where your home is not? (Read 1111 times)

No. One should only run on their own property. That is why you have a driveway.
    No, that's for driving. Wouldn't it be better to find an airport and use the runway?

-------------------------------------
    5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
    10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
    1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
    Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

Or your front porch !

- Anya

PDoe

I suspect the issue was more related to looking in windows after 10:00 pm rather than whether or not you lived nearby.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

No, that's for driving. Wouldn't it be better to find an airport and use the runway?
          Oooh, excellent point.
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Heh.
              Is it OK to run ((and to cycle for that matter)) through a community neighborhood where your home is not? And the same question for those big company's big parking lot, etc?
              YES -- Its fine to do that....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Heh.
                Yeah, that's about all it deserved

-------------------------------------
                5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
                10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
                1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
                Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

I suspect the issue was more related to looking in windows after 10:00 pm rather than whether or not you lived nearby.
                  Ditto that. My own neighborhood really isn't that "runner friendly". The historical neighborhood where I do run is awesome--it's huge. I can easily get in a 10 miler there, and there are lots of people out running, walking, cycling, etc. Most people driving over there are very courteous to us, too. Most times, they wave me on across, even when they have the right of way. There would really be no way of anyone knowing whether I live there or not unless they asked, and no one ever has.
                  xor

OOO! If I'm not mistaken, this might be a reference to a long-ago jc question of the week. Nate, am I right? Am I right?

#artbydmcbride

Oh sure, that works for you with your park-like plantation estate! Roll eyes

Runners run

That's too bad you got stopped by the cops. There's a difference between glancing towards a window as you run by & going right up to the window to look in. I run at night & I can tell you what a lot of my neighbors are watching on television & what they're having for dinner most evenings. Some of them should maybe consider pulling the drapes but, it's mostly just harmless. Although, did you ever see the movie Rear Window with Jimmy Stewart? You never know what you might see through a window.
                          I can tell you what not to do. Get bored at 1am and go for a run carrying an old golf club to practice your swing in a neighborhood that had reports of car light smashings. Good times, good times.
                          And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
                          Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I can tell you what not to do. Get bored at 1am and go for a run carrying an old golf club to practice your swing in a neighborhood that had reports of car light smashings. Good times, good times.
                            haha! love it

TRUST THE PROCESS

Right on Hereford...

I asked because I myself did trigger an event. I was out in my own neighborhood. As I passed on the sidewalk and heard some sounds coming out from a house so I stared into the window as I moved forward. After a while, the police came and stopped me and questioned me.
                              I don't understand. Why would anyone call the cops on you if all you did was stare at someone's window while running past? And how would the cops even find you? By the time they arrived, you were long gone, right? Right???
                              jingchunyu

I don't understand. Why would anyone call the cops on you if all you did was stare at someone's window while running past? And how would the cops even find you? By the time they arrived, you were long gone, right? Right???
                                The community was a half-mile circle you can repeat your loop. I can only guess what that neighbor thought. He could thought someone was just running away after did something bad