Intentionally black toenails (Read 203 times)

Fruchtenstein

My wife, who used to get very nervous every time she saw I got one more black toenail, has learned to tolerate and even admire them. All ten. Black nail polish is the key!

After all, if cyclists shave their legs, why can't we use a little nail polish?

All 10, really?  I've currently got 4 black nails...my wife suggested I go with a piano motif for the family beach vacation.

Fruchtenstein

Before coloring, there were five. Now, they're all beautifully uniform and uniformly beautiful.

running metalhead

Hey,

not such a bad idea mate, nail polish keeps them in place and when they go off you can peel them in one piece!!

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
          - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
          - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
          - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
          - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
          - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

No rule saying they have to be black. Green, purple, tutti-frutti would all cover them up nicely.

Marylander

It seems one of the advantages of being slow is no black toenails.

Could the nail polish increase the likelihood of losing the nail (since it wouldn't be able to breathe)? My wife dropped a 45lb plate on her toe and wasn't supposed to use nail polish for several months to give it a chance to heal.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

It seems one of the advantages of being slow is no black toenails.

I wish!  I'm slower than Christmas but I get black toenails.

Fruchtenstein

I'm not really fast, too. I would rather ascribe the ability to get black toenails to an especially elegant curvature of the toes. Can't stop enjoying mine...

Arie2.0

Meat is Murder

Maybe you should buy running shoes 1/2 a size bigger than the size you are currently running in.

Putin told me how to vote.

Fruchtenstein

When I started running six years ago, I used to buy size 9.5. The last two pairs I bought this year were size 11 and 11.5 Smile