Today was a good day because.... (Read 679 times)

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

I did 5 miles for the first time ever, I got a slight sunburn doing it, it was warm enough for the boyz to go shirtless on the trails Big grin and because I treated myself to a pedicure! Your turn...why did you have a good day? Smile

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, NICE! Big grin I will (hopefully) still manage 50 miles this week (for the first time ever), even though the first 2 days of the week were spent in the car and then dealing with some serious exhaustion from a car trip, crappy guest bed at my MIL's, and onset of my Spring allergies. And my last 3 runs have been under beautiful conditions (pollen and allergen garbage aside).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good going! My day was good because I ran on an upcoming 5K race course with my running partner as well as my 11-year-old daughter. Beautiful, sunny day with no wind. Perfect!

Think Whirled Peas

...I decided halfway through the lunchtime 5 miler that the weather required me to "take a long lunch" and add a coupla miles. Finished the day w/a steak on the grill and some beer. Beautiful, beautiful day.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Go Pre!

Sunny and 78 degrees. Only had time for a short run but it was nice. Supposed to be as nice tomorrow - 5K race on the sked.
              Congrats on 5 =] I ran 3.71mi today, and saw the most beautiful sunset as I was ending my run. It was the best, because my last hill is where I start my cool-down, and when I reached the top, is when I saw the sunset. Being as it was a hill, the whole sunset made me more content with running the hill. Super pretty. Also, was a good day because during my run, I ran by this farm(we have like four on my road) and the sun was right behind it, and it just looked perfect.
              protoplasm72

Today was a good day because I didn't spend any of it in a cold sweat laying on my bathroom floor. Stupid stomach flu. Dead Oh and I got to run 3 miles in nice weather. First time in 3 days.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

Best Present Ever

It was a gloriously beautiful day and I gave my last lecture of the semester, took a long lunch with colleagues, and hung out downtown with my family at the first free friday night concert of the season. There's nothing like watching an 8 and 5 year old rock out to a cover band singing Y-M-C-A.
                  jeffdonahue

Got two good runs in today - 4.5 miles with my running club this morning. Nice and easy with a few of those that are running Boston on Monday. Then it was close to 70 at lunch so I went out for another 5 - felt nice, though I got to mile 3.5 and realized I was a little dehydrated. But still nice to be out in just shorts and a t-shirt.
                    redleaf

Today was a good day because I saw my niece who lives out of town and my doc gave me the go ahead to play hockey again. (today was a rest day from running)

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Today was a good day because I went to lunch with a girl I've been dying to hang out with for months (valedictorian, my fav. teacher's daughter) and talked about running and her love for rowing and really connected on how we felt about working out and such. Then we went and got my prom tux and it was a bunch of fun. Came home and had a terrible run though, didn't take a day off since I felt daring and ran a whole minute pace slower than usual. But it's definitely okay since it still burned some calories and got some distance in for one of the hotter days of the year so far. I'm growing very tired of running exclusively on pavement with 0 shade though.

Buffalo Gal Rides Again

I saw my niece and nephew in "The Tempest". Didn't know Shakespeare could be translated into an elementary school play. Beautiful day in Michigan, but planned rest day before long run tomorrow...local weathercaster just described tomorrow as "spectacular".
                          March: Irish Jig 5K (DONE), Kent City Ridge Run 5K (DONE) April: Iron Girl 5K (DONE), Kentucky Derby Half May: 5/3 (10K) July: Cherry Festival 15K August: Chicago Rock N Roll Half, Crim Festival of Races (10 miler) October: Grand Rapids Marathon (Half-Hometown Gig)
                            took my son to Dairy Queen after dinner and we both pigged out Shy

Ostrich runner

I didn't have to use my A-K?

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Dunottar

CAUTION: 'Sappy and Clichéd' Ahead Any day I wake up, draw a breath, and take a step is already a good day,..all else is either gravy Yes or brussel sprouts. Tongue Today was, indeed, a good day.