Running with audiobooks (Read 7325 times)

an amazing likeness

... I love the freakonomics podcasts. They are well done and Steven Dubner rocks....

Michael Lewis' new podcast "Against the Rules" is a superb companion to Freakonomics.  Dubner encouraged Michael Lewis to dive in.

For engaging real-life stories, I find "The Moth" podcast an excellent running companion.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Thank you Milk, I will give Lewis' podcast a chance!

In my library:

(Not listened yet, but downloaded):

What I talk about when I talk about running (Haruki Murakami) & the end of the world running club (Adrian Walker).

Read or listened to:

Iron War: Dave Scott, Mark Allen, and the Greatest Race Ever Run – quite enjoyed this one

Peak Performance: Elevate Your Game, Avoid Burnout, and Thrive with the New Science of Success – I don’t think I finished this one

Running with the Buffaloes – really good read

Primal Endurance – meh

Hal Koerners Field Guide to Ultramarathons – well I started, haven’t finished yet…

Once a runner - I started but had a hard time with the narrator

Running to the Edge – Matt Futtermann: it was entertaining, a bit like the Buffaloes

North Scott & Jenny Jurek – I downloaded it, but haven’t had the drive to listen to it. I find it a bit strange to listen to his wife too.

Cant hurt me – David Goggins. Well, it was entertaining, but I wouldn’t listen to it again.

Born to run – this was really good, entertaining.

Endure – Alex Hutchinson….well I don’t remember too much of it

Running with the Kenyans – A.Finn. Very interesting, entertaining, learned a lot of things about Kenya & the scene there, stuff i did not know before.

Let your mind run – Deena K. Was good, especially around the Olympics in Athens.

Finding Ultra – R.Roll. Good one.

Eat&Run Scott Jurek. Interesting & entertaining!

The perfect Mile – Neal Bascomb. Hm, I think I read the book and it was short but great stuff.

Unbroker – Laura Hillenbrand – had only remotely to do with Running

Pro Cycling on 10 USD a day – Phil Gaimon – this was fun

The Secret Race – Tylor Hamilton – this was revealing.

The boys in the boat – Daniel Brown. This is about rowing and really cool.

Running man – a memoir

Finding Ultra Rich Roll – this is his best

Ultramarathon Man Dean Karnazes – was ok.

Chasing Excellence – Ben Bergeron – this was cool. I also listened to the book that is about the Icelandic winner, I forgot her name: Katrinsdotor?

This is a lot of books and only the one's that have to do with sport. Hm, I guess I really made the most out of the Audible subscription.

HM: 1:47 (9/20) I FM: 3:53:11 (9/23)

2024 Goals: run a FM & HM + stay healthy!

Just finished Matt Fitzgeralds Running the dream. I would love to work and train as he did; not necessarily with Elite runners but with running enthusiasts...sounds like a great experience.

Also started with the Michael Lewis Podcasts, they are great too!

And have started listening to my breathing. That helps through workouts and you dont need any credits for that!

Does anyone know a good running music mix on spotify? The ones I have checked out are absolutely pathetic.

desertsafariduba

Spam
            dpschumacher

3 months til Masters

Spam quoted