Michigan Group (Read 1138 times)

I've formed a new group for Michigan peeps/ races/ events/ issues related to Michigan: Michiganders
      Thanks Joni - there seems to be quite a few of us here.
        Thanks. You should also post this in the Masters Group -- there are 8 or more CoolRunning refugees there from our fair state.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Thanks. You should also post this in the Masters Group -- there are 8 or more CoolRunning refugees there from our fair state.
          Good idea! Will do!
            I've formed a new group for Michigan peeps/ races/ events/ issues related to Michigan:
            I may join even though I don't reside there. I was born & raised there and have lots of family in MI. We also have a vacation home in the UP so we visit the state regularly. There's nothing I'd like more than to meet up with MI people while in the state. I did race the Mint City 10 miler in St. Johns in August while on our way to the cabin.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

I may join even though I don't reside there. I was born & raised there and have lots of family in MI. We also have a vacation home in the UP so we visit the state regularly. There's nothing I'd like more than to meet up with MI people while in the state. I did race the Mint City 10 miler in St. Johns in August while on our way to the cabin.
              Absolutely! Come on over!
              McShane

Smile Hi All, Grand Rapids transplant to Martha's Vineyard, MA. Run with another (RA poster). Back to Michigan about 2x a year, aging parents a big concern. I love running in Northern Michigan around Leland and Suttons Bay where my older sister lives. Ran in GR two weeks ago about 15 miles total, some icy roads. Running here is paradise, not much snow and a 5300 acre State Forest out the back door. I miss big trees though - here they are reduced because of strong winds and poor soil. glad to find other Mitten-State members. Facts and figures: 2 Marathons - 4 half marathons 46 years old - two beautiful kids and wonderful wife (20 years!) I run to commune with the outdoors, friendship, and to invest in my future. Great to be on board! T-Bizzle (island handle)

still alive

Hi all. I'm originally from Plainwell. I think I'll join in too. Nice to see some Michiganders here.

Greg in ND

One day at a time.

Smile Hi All, Grand Rapids transplant to Martha's Vineyard, MA. Run with another (RA poster). Back to Michigan about 2x a year, aging parents a big concern. I love running in Northern Michigan around Leland and Suttons Bay where my older sister lives. Ran in GR two weeks ago about 15 miles total, some icy roads.
                    Hi McShane! It definately sounds like paradise. We're blessed with state/federal land over here too; a real blessing to run right out your door into beautiful trails. Too bad you didn't hit us when we had the warm spell! It was like a spring teaser here, but now we're back to winter, though mild still. If you want, click the link at the bottom of my signature for the Michigander group and join us! Smile
                      Hey all- Another Michigan Runner from the east side of the state. I am also a transplant from CR.
                        Hello All! Dearborn Heights runner here....training for my 1st marathon, the Detroit Free Press...SO EXCITED!
                          Hello All! Dearborn Heights runner here....training for my 1st marathon, the Detroit Free Press...SO EXCITED!
                          You've picked an excellent race for your first marathon. It was my first as well and it was an incredible experience. Enjoy! Tom
                            Hey, I'm up here in Canada and can't wait to check out some of the great trail runs in Michigan next year!!
                              Michiganders! I'm moving back. How bad is the economy/job market? I'll be looking for job/apt in the Detroit metro area. Like Livonia or something like that. I grew up in Northville. Love it there, but the apts seem high. Nothing like crawling back home after 14 years.

- Anya

I wish you luck. The economy sucks and the job market is worse. Unless you have specialized talents or connections, it will be tough to find work. Welcome back. Roll eyes Tom