Running in the Rain (Read 1053 times)

Desmondp

HOw many here run regularly in the rain in winter ? If so, what do you wear ? do you have a special rain coat ? Cheers
      I will run in the ran in the summer....but in the winter it's just not enough fun.. I will head downstairs to the treadmill when its rainy AND cold........

Champions are made when no one is watching

Slo

It's usually snowing in the winter here. I have some light weight water repellant gear. Generally in the summer I just wear what ever. I like to stay dry in the winter though.
          It's usually snowing in the winter here.
          Snow in the winter is OK -- in fact its pretty cool........Rain in the winter = bad....

Champions are made when no one is watching

The shirtless wonder

Rain makes it harder to get out the door. Getting out the door is by far the hardest part. Once I'm actually running I find it very fun running in the rain. Even though I know I love it if it is raining I don't want to head out in it. If it is cold enough and raining I'd hit a treadmill. There is a point (about 30 degrees) where I just don't like being outside (rain or no rain). Even though the treadmill isn't my favorite thing I enjoy it more than suffering through sub 30 degree temps.
            Slo

. Even though the treadmill isn't my favorite thing I enjoy it more than suffering through sub 30 degree temps.
              C'mon Greg, Where's that Gladitor Spirit ? Cold hasn't stopped me from running outside. Ice on the other hand has. 30 deg's is still potentially shorts weather.

The shirtless wonder

I freely admit to being a weather wimp. I know my limitations! It's not good to be a weather wimp in Rochester, NY though...
                Slo

Very soon we will have a very unseasonably warm day.......the sun will be strong, people will be out, couples strolling hand in hand. Somewhere there will be a cute college girl with her hair pulled back in a pony tail wearing red short shorts with white piping and a white short sleeve shirt with red trim around the sleeves......jogging......likely for the 1st time this year. Our local News Herald will find her, they'll snap her picture in full stride. They'll plaster her on front cover of the next days edition welcoming Spring, some how proclaiming that conditions anything other than this is left for those idiots that dot the streets in the pre-dawn twilight casting shadows on the curb as they pass under the street lights. Here's to the Idiots..........
                  mikeymike

I'm one of those idiots. Slo_Hand that's great where's it from? To the OP, I have some raingear from RoadRunner Sports' collection...cleverly named DryRoad or something. That and a cap with a visor to keep the rain out of my eyes and just man up and go. Hot coffee is waiting for me when I get home.

Runners run

Slo

Me I posted it originally on the daily in the Masters just before spring time. We were all gripeing about the delay of spring. Admittedly, one of my better works.... Tongue
                      mikeymike

Very nice.

Runners run

jfa

I don't mind the rain, as a matter of fact ,three Sunday's ago I spent 4:22:05 running in it. I don't mind the cold either. Ice and lightning are the only things that keep me from going out.

Skooter 3.0

I'm an idiot too...and I like to run in the rain. I particularly enjoy it more the worse the conditions are. Below 40 and pouring? Awesome! I like to watch the confused looks on the faces of passing motorists. I just wear whatever, I've never really changed my running garb for rain. If I thought I about it, I might lean towards wearing my tights as opposed to looser fitting gear tho.....

Goals?

Me

I don't mind running in the rain. If its cold out, I wear a light weight water repellant jacket that I bought at Dick's Sporting Goods a couple of years ago. I wear that over a fleece pullover. As it warms up, I'll trade the fleece for a long sleeve tech tee. After it warms up past a certain point, there is no sense in wearing the jacket because you'll get just as wet with it as with out it. The difference is wether you're wet from the rain, or the sweat. One thing that I always wear in the rain is a water repellant ball cap to keep the rain off of my glasses. Being able to see is always a good thing. Cheers, Mike

Best Present Ever

Why are we talking about running in the rain in the winter? Are you in the southern hemisphere? I wear whatever makes sense for the temp, figuring in that I'll likely be colder in the rain, and wear a cap to keep the rain off my face. I like tighter fitting things in the rain, less chafing.but I rarely alter my running plans because of the weather.