Saturday/Sunday (Read 736 times)

Another Passion

Thank you Rick. For the record, my name is Ray. I see you're in SE Mi. My brother lives in Brighton. I saw another profile of someone who lives in Brighton as well but I can't remember who it was.
    Blush I'm sorry Ray! I knew that, I musta just had a brain fart and, my in-laws had a family friend named Russ Green. Our other Brighton running cohort is PowerofQ. My apologies on the name flub. Blush

Rick
    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Teresadfp

One day at a time

My "long" run today - 10 degrees F and 4.0 miles. It took me 50 minutes, but I did it nonstop! I'm sure slower when it's this cold outside. I'm wondering how I'm going to make 5.0 miles next Saturday, but that's Next Week Guy's problem!
        10 miles at a 9:15 pace. Felt OK. Snowing lightly out was a nice distraction. Really committed to base building but getting an itch to start training for my April half. A few more weeks of base does the body good.
          12 miler. Gorgeous route today. Saw a deer.
            Easy 8 after a giant plate of pancakes Big grin
            2009: BQ?
              9 hilly miles for me this morning. Tomorrow more of the same though the weather won't be so nice Sad

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Ran 4 easy miles.
                Len

Damn Yankee

Put an easy 3.25 on my new trainers right after work.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

2 hour nap 30 min violin (first time in many months) It was pouring down rain so my nap replaced the scheduled bike ride. Foot too sore to run on. ohhhh welllll
                    celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Day of rest (sort-of--teaching drumming for 15 hours and on my feet for all of them leaves me more worn out than any run). Dead Tomorrrow: 30 mins run, 21 mins walk for a total of 3 miles as OHR W3D3.

Chris
                      PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

obiebyke

It was a rest day for me. Tomorrow I'm flying home, so no exercise then, either (plus middle seat, row 41 for 3.5 hours! Sad) But I packed plenty of running gear, and I'm looking forward to GOING SHOE SHOPPING without California sales tax! Big grin

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Happy Sunday everyone. I'm getting ready to head out for a recovery run. I don't know how far I'll go but 30 minutes is kinda my minimum and up to 5 miles. I can feel the aftermath of the 26.2 mile long run but it's normal stiffness and soreness and no real pains. Running even a little the day after a long run or marathon always helps minimize the effects of DOMS for me.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Think Whirled Peas

Blush Our other Brighton running cohort is PowerofQ. Blush
                            Tru dat, tru dat! Managed 6.5 miles yesterday at a comfy 8:40 m/m pace. Would like to get 10-11 in today, but the weather s'posed to get nasty, and fairly soon. We've got 40-50 mph wind gust going on right now...as much as I hate to admit it, I see the dreadmill in my future.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Hi PowerofQ. My brother lives out off spencer Rd. on Kennessaw. As you turn onto Kennesaw, he's the house on the left corner. I did a great 5 miles today. I'm surprised at how good I felt after the 26.2 yesterday. It was a relaxing run, only hampered by 25-30 mph wind conditions. My pace was 9:02 and my AHR 134 (71% MHR).

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

12 miles, mini progression target AHR 140/145/150/155-160. I haven't loaded any of my data yet so I don't know the actuals. 1:47 something. A bit windy and wet, maybe 40F. I have to figure out how to load my log to the site. Is mikeymike logged on? Is it safe to do it now?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com