Trader Joe's--what's your favorite item(s)? (Read 1053 times)

xor

The Just Mango slices were just a little bitter to me (maybe I just got a bad batch).

I have to say though, I like the Mango slices they have a Costco better (although I think there's more than "just mango" in them).

That's an example of why I say that TJ is overrated... sure, there are some yummy things.  But I can get some yummy things just about everywhere (with the exception of the world's shittiest safeway, which happens to be where I shop because I can walk there).

That said, it is important to note that in Seattle, there are TJs EVERYWHERE.  So that impacts my opinions.  Hard to imagine people driving for hours to one.  They opened one in Ft Worth earlier this year and it made the damn news (in the DFW area; I was there at the time) because of the traffic it caused.  For Trader Joes.

But mostly I'm posting to say... MAYPO.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

I don't really get the whole Trader Joe thing. I've only been once as it's about 30 minutes away.  I'll try again.

A comedian I just discovered, Kyle Kinane,  has a funny bit about Trader Joe's from '08. Likely to funnier to those who work or shop there.

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

bhearn

I only go there occasionally; it's not sufficient as an everyday grocery store. But I do find that there's a lot of good, inexpensive stuff there. It's kind of a mystery to me how they do it.

I like all the nuts (though I wish their 100-calorie "just a handful" nut baggies came in salted, roasted). Also the Lacey's milk chocolate macadamia cookies. The wine selection is almost all inexpensive and pretty good. And when I host large barbecues I get burger patties there, with cheese, onions & stuff in them.

Christirei

turbinado and sea salt dark chocolate covered almonds....omg

their mango butter is also excellant

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

No TJ's by me but I have a Merc and it's the best damned hippy grocery store in the WORLD!

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

Kings Canyon NP 07'

I'd have to say a couple:

Orange Juice (Not from Concentrate)

Frozen rolled oats oatmeal  (2 pack and five min in microwave)

TJ's Hot Salsa

left-right-left-right-repeat

I really like the following TJ items:

(1) The roasted garlic hummus

(2) The steamed lentil packs

(3) The canned vegetable lentil soup (yea, I like lentils)

(4) The frozen whole wheat French toast

Dave

Surprised no one mentioned the wine.

Sure, 2 (now 3) Buck Chuck is very good for the price.  My recent favorite is a white wine called Honey Moon (a Voignier).

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Mysecondnewname

But mostly I'm posting to say... MAYPO.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm pleased someone got the reference. Big grin

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

We haven't find a wine at TJ's that we consider potable.  Either we're snobs or we gave up too easily.

Slab apricots

Frozen kimchee rice

Cheap wine

Wasabi seaweed

Dave

We haven't find a wine at TJ's that we consider potable.  Either we're snobs or we gave up too easily.

Based on your use of the word potable, I'm going to guess both Big grin

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Dave

Based on your use of the word potable, I'm going to guess both Big grin

dgb2n@yahoo.com

xor

Dave sighting!

Dave

Dave sighting!

Yeah, I'm running again at least some so I'm not too ashamed to poke my head in here.  And someone insulted Trader Joe's wine so I had no choice really.  Nice to see you SR!

dgb2n@yahoo.com