Email Notification? (Read 1121 times)

I was just curious if this is a feature I had missed or not. Email notifications when a new posting has been made in one of the forums and/or a new posting is made in one of the groups you are a member/moderator for. Feasibility??? Just a random thought to keep my mind off of work today. Wink
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "WOW... WHAT A RIDE!!!" Muskingum College XC
    eric :)

Hi Coach, The site currently doesn't have this feature. I will consider adding it some time in the future. eric Smile
        I'd just like to add another vote for this feature. It's something that I find incredibly useful on other forums, and I really miss here. The only way to keep track of a forum thread is to remember to constantly check it. Email notifications (allowing you to 'subscribe' to a particular thread) would be wonderful and make the forums MUCH more useful.

2011 Goals:
        sub 17min 5k
        5:15 mile?
        (well, maybe next year)

Ditto this request. My main use for this would be for the group forum, especially if they are low traffic. It would be cool to get an announcement rather than having to check the group forum often, only to be disappointed Tongue. Some other forums I am on have this feature, even to the point that you automatically are subscribed to a thread when you post to it. Helpful in tracking responses to responses.

gimme some sugar, baby

This could be useful as a simple notification page on the forum that keeps track of your active threads, for those that don't want an email for each reply on a thread.
            George: Runner/Law Student
            www.gimme-five.com
              Second. Or third or fourth or whatever number I am to support this suggestion. Big grin
              guys

...or RSS feeds, which makes it really easy to keep tracks of things...
                  i concur. As I just got caught by my boss checking in on a thread. Stealthy I am not, but e-mail is more acceptable. At least I can pretencd it's work related.
                  Mimir

I think e-mailnotification is a must for a forum. I always forget to what topics I respond so I forget to check them later.
                    eric :)

RSS is probably not a good idea because it adds extra bandwidth, which is something I can't afford right now. I will consider email notifications. Better still, a tracking page built into the site.

Anyone have pizza?

As a member of a lot of other non-running related boards that have this feature, I whole-heartedly agree!!!!

Imminent Catastrophe

The tracking page idea is good.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016