Running Shorts Suggestions? (Read 1308 times)

I typically wear those Spandexy bike shorts to run because I find that most shorts rideup in the middle.  I blame it on my thighs, my thighs say I am to blame.  It is a vicious circle.  I digress.  What do the other ladies on here wear?  I'm not a huge running skirt fan because the under-shorts usually ride up and just having the spankies underneath leave me feeling exposed.  I am also not a fan of the really short shorts.  Again, the issue between me and my thighs.  Are there any cute shorts out there that don't ride up or am I just hard to please?  Probably.

I picked up 4 pair of these at my local store, and I love them.  They don't ride up.  They aren't too short.  They don't chafe.

North Face Velocitee Short

http://www2.thenorthface.com/opencms/opencms/tnf/gear.jsp?site=AUNZ&model=AU6P

Oh, and, you aren't hard to please.  There are a lot of shorts out there that ride up... ugh.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

These seem to be long and loose enough not to ride up, plus the key pocket is handy.

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpageWRA-AWR4SBB.html

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

I look my best blurry!

Get a skirt!  The guys on RA love them.  Especially ccowden!  Lol!  XOXO - cc

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

These seem to be long and loose enough not to ride up, plus the key pocket is handy.

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpageWRA-AWR4SBB.html

I have a pair of these too and they do not ride up on me and are quite comfy...however; I am kinda short so I feel like they look too long on me and they are too long for me in the summer.

So, what do you dislike about your current "spandexy bike shorts"? It seems to me that may be a reasonable choice given all of the dislikes you listed about other styles.

Personally, I don't like running in shorts unless it's for 3 miles or less and even then I prefer a skirt in the summer and tights in the winter.

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

Loves the outdoors

I typically wear those Spandexy bike shorts to run because I find that most shorts rideup in the middle.  I blame it on my thighs, my thighs say I am to blame.  It is a vicious circle.  I digress.  What do the other ladies on here wear?  I'm not a huge running skirt fan because the under-shorts usually ride up and just having the spankies underneath leave me feeling exposed.  I am also not a fan of the really short shorts.  Again, the issue between me and my thighs.  Are there any cute shorts out there that don't ride up or am I just hard to please?  Probably.

I have the same problem and I have recently started giving the skirts a go to avoid the nappy feeling bunched up shorts gives me. I haven't had an issue with the spankies riding up on my Skirtsports Gym Girl ultra skirt. Perhaps a different brand might help?  Otherwise I just wear capris. The world prefers me to keep my thighs undercover.

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

Somehow knew I would come up in this thread Clown

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The only compression shorts I ever found that didn't crawl up are no more...the Pearl Izumi Aurora Splice short.  They have silicone leg grippers, like cycling shorts, just without any chamois.  One of the gals around here recommended making leg grippers with some sort of silicone sealant, which I may try in the future.  I can't do regular running shorts at all.  Even when I was a teeny size 2 in HS those damned things wadded-up.  Big thighs + narrow hips = shorts disaster.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I look my best blurry!

Somehow knew I would come up in this thread Clown

This will never be forgotten!  Wink  Nice, new, conservative, family friendly, sans red singlet avatar BTW!  I thought the old one was pretty cool, too!

#artbydmcbride

Roll eyes

Runners run

FWIW, after getting my hamstring injury I got some CW-X compression shorts to try to give the area more support. Mine don't ride up and I can't imagine how they could. Then again, these are the 'spensive structured type of compression shorts, and I'm just a jogger.

(NFI in CW-X)

A bit off topic:  what do you wear under compression shorts and tights?  This is not about VPL, but cotton underwear is not wicking, and the seam on my tights is in the middle and if I go sans undies I feel like I'm being sawn in half through my private business.  Not a good feeling.  I'm wary of a running skirt because most have compression shorts underneath.

"We are not talking about gorse-bushes," said Owl crossly. "I am," said Pooh.

tomatolover

A bit off topic:  what do you wear under compression shorts and tights?  This is not about VPL, but cotton underwear is not wicking, and the seam on my tights is in the middle and if I go sans undies I feel like I'm being sawn in half through my private business.  Not a good feeling.  I'm wary of a running skirt because most have compression shorts underneath.

a lot of compression shorts have cotton "panty liner" for that issue...no underwear needed...I like the LandsEnd model...comfy and hasn't ridden up on me

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Compression bottoms should have some sort of gusset down that way...generally sort of diamond-shaped.  You shouldn't have a seams over sensitive regions in true running bottoms.  No guarantees for lower-priced multi-purpose bottoms.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Compression bottoms should have some sort of gusset down that way...generally sort of diamond-shaped.  You shouldn't have a seams over sensitive regions in true running bottoms.  No guarantees for lower-priced multi-purpose bottoms.

That explains a lot.  Thank you.

"We are not talking about gorse-bushes," said Owl crossly. "I am," said Pooh.