Graphing, weight, and true/trend weight (Read 1015 times)

Eric, I did a search on weight and graphing, so I realize that this is all coming when you get around to overhauling the graph system. As such, this is just to plant a bug in your ear, I realize that it isn't coming any time soon. I used BreakingTheTape before I started using RA, and right now I am dual-entering all of my workouts despite liking everything about RA better but for one thing: Weight trends. This is last year's weight trend chart for me: I really like the "true weight" trend line that goes through. Ideally, I'd like to see the weight from each day (or the average if there was more than one weight) plotted as a separate point; when I do an XY Plot it shows me basically the same thing but isn't nearly as clean. The same goes for weekly (or monthly) distance; I'm not usually interested in specific types of workouts, but I need to go for a histogram to see total distance rather than one smooth line graph. I don't care quite as much about that; I just need to not let myself get distracted when viewing the histogram. Keep up the good work; I'm a big fan of the site.

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This looks like a moving average. It is like drawing a line that averaged the N points before it. N can equal any number of points / days, and may reasonably be set to one week.
      eric :)

Blaine, I'll definitely be redoing the graphing code to offer more options. I'll do this when I get there. It's part of the log revamp work, by the way, which is happening right now. eric Smile
        Namban Phil

Wow. Moving average of weights looks like a nice idea. Also scale options (kg and lbs) would be helpful for many users no doubt