2016 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 667 times)

bhearn

Bib numbers and corrals have posted Smile.

Yep. #4321 for me, 5th corral. A slower time got me 2nd corral in 2010. Not that it matters to me; I'm still not planning on running.

Julia1971

Wave 2, Corral 6 reporting!  I think that's where I was last year, so, I know the drill.

FWIW, I ran my first tune up race this weekend - RnR DC.  I just posted the race report on my blog.  I'm feeling pretty good about how things are going.

kilkee

runktrun

I missed the first wave by 2 seconds.  Ack.  It will suck being so far behind the official clock.  In 2013, a 2:58 got me in the second corral, first wave, and I think I was less than a minute behind the clock, so I paced off that.  On the plus side, I will be on the front line of the first corral second wave and (hopefully) not have to weave through masses of runners for the first mile.

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.

bib# 7658

Wave 1/8

bhearn

I missed the first wave by 2 seconds.  Ack.  It will suck being so far behind the official clock.  In 2013, a 2:58 got me in the second corral, first wave, and I think I was less than a minute behind the clock, so I paced off that.  On the plus side, I will be on the front line of the first corral second wave and (hopefully) not have to weave through masses of runners for the first mile.

Oh yeah, you are going to have a blast. Running the race in the no man's land between waves will be interesting. Though you will be back in the thick of wave 1 by halfway.

I actually enjoyed my experience last year in wave 2. I was 2/1 last year and went back to 2/2 so Xchristopher and I could run together.

I'm 95% sure I'm moving from 1/8 to 2/2 because I liked it so much. You will have plenty of people to run with and no one in your way. If you are looking to go sub 3 I may know some people.

Elizabeth78

Recovery Phenom

Do they release all the corrals at the same time? Or do they delay them each minute, similar to what Rock 'N Roll marathons do? I'm trying to run the race about 10 minutes faster than my qualifying time, so hopefully I won't have to do too much weaving for that to happen.

26.2 x 31 (3:15:34 PR)

13.1 x 35 (1:30:58 PR)

Author of the book Boston Bound

kilkee

runktrun

I actually enjoyed my experience last year in wave 2. I was 2/1 last year and went back to 2/2 so Xchristopher and I could run together.

I'm 95% sure I'm moving from 1/8 to 2/2 because I liked it so much. You will have plenty of people to run with and no one in your way. If you are looking to go sub 3 I may know some people.

Why not 2/1?  Won't you even give me a chance??

Ideally, I'd like another solid sub 3, but with a torn up hip, I'm prepared for a struggle as well.

kilkee

runktrun

Do they release all the corrals at the same time? Or do they delay them each minute, similar to what Rock 'N Roll marathons do? I'm trying to run the race about 10 minutes faster than my qualifying time, so hopefully I won't have to do too much weaving for that to happen.

I believe it's every 20 or 25mins for waves, and each wave has 8 corrals, so they give you about 2-3 mins.  It's a constant stream of people, but I wasn't ever in a situation where I was almost tripping over people.  Plus, you really don't need to run the first mile that fast :P

LRB

Bib #9732

Wave 2/2.

To be honest with you, if I am standing in that corral race day morning, it will be a feat in and of itself.

xhristopher

Bib #4295

Wave 2/2

They wont let you move back to the 1st corral of the wave, so it would have to be 2/2. Honestly, come with us!  It's me, X, Shawn and possibly Mikey if we can talk him into moving back chasing 2:59:59.

Why not 2/1?  Won't you even give me a chance??

Ideally, I'd like another solid sub 3, but with a torn up hip, I'm prepared for a struggle as well.

xhristopher

They wont let you move back to the 1st corral of the wave, so it would have to be 2/2. Honestly, come with us!  It's me, X, Shawn and possibly Mikey if we can talk him into moving back chasing 2:59:59.

We ran 3:09 from 2/2 last year and it never was that crowded. Things really cleared out after BC. This year I expect we'll find open roads even sooner. Plenty of room on the train.

mikeymike

Having a group to work with could convince me to move back. Running the whole thing with Alex and EJ last year was huge.

Runners run

xhristopher

Having a group to work with could convince me to move back. Running the whole thing with Alex and EJ last year was huge.

Convincing them to move back from 1/2 to 1/4 would be a hell of a lot easier than keeping up with them.