2016 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 667 times)

kilkee

runktrun

I'm tempted, but I generally do race better on my own.  We'll see.  Hopefully I don't see you guys fly by me later :P

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.

flauta

Back in the pack!

Wave 2 / Corral 7

bhearn

They wont let you move back to the 1st corral of the wave, so it would have to be 2/2. Honestly, come with us!  It's me, X, Shawn and possibly Mikey if we can talk him into moving back chasing 2:59:59.

Thing is, that's trading 20 minutes of cool for 20 minutes of heat.

xhristopher

Thing is, that's trading 20 minutes of cool for 20 minutes of heat.

You know the forecast already? Do share.

I joke. Statistically you may have a point but that's not always the case. Wasn't last year. It was crappy all day.

runnershawn

I'm 95% sure I'm moving from 1/8 to 2/2 because I liked it so much. You will have plenty of people to run with and no one in your way. If you are looking to go sub 3 I may know some people.

Correction 100%

runnershawn

Bib #8220

Wave 2 Corral 1  - But moving back to 2\2 with X, Bucci, and others (Mike)

I hope everybody has a great BM on Patriots day.

Joann Y

I hope everybody has a great BM on Patriots day.

You still setting up an ice cream cart and offering kisses to everyone doing the BM on Patriot's Day?

Cyberic

Bib 9671, 2/2

Bib 4386  wave 1/5

Bib 9671, 2/2

xhristopher

Bib 4386  wave 1/5

8 seconds and 91 bib numbers between our seed times.

Guesstimating here ... Abut 4500 sub 3 qualifiers in the field. And countless age groupers with more impressive qualifying times than some random young stud with a sub 3.

Sounds about right.  If 3 flat put you right around 4500 and the wave 1 cut was 3:09:49, then there is another 2500 runners between 3:00 and the cut off.   That's 589 seconds of time so 2500 runners is four and change per second.  Not quite the same as the 11 per second between your time and mine but either way, that's an incredibly tight pack around three hours.  Hard to picture at the finish ten seconds representing 90 people but I've also never run Boston before.

8 seconds and 91 bib numbers between our seed times.

Guesstimating here ... Abut 4500 sub 3 qualifiers in the field. And countless age groupers with more impressive qualifying times than some random young stud with a sub 3.

rmcj001

I was going through to get a comparison of marathons I've run and Boston this year. I ran 4 marathons last year, Modesto, SF, Canyon City and CIM. For my single year age there are 363 runners, which calculates out to about 2000 runners for my 5 year age group (55-59). That's more old men then Modesto and Canyon City combined!

4500 runners under 3 hours is close in size to CIM (5627 finishers - 25% more) and SF (6071 - 35% more). And there are TWO Michael Martys running!

Ray

Cyberic

Sounds about right.  If 3 flat put you right around 4500 and the wave 1 cut was 3:09:49, then there is another 2500 runners between 3:00 and the cut off.   That's 589 seconds of time so 2500 runners is four and change per second.  Not quite the same as the 11 per second between your time and mine but either way, that's an incredibly tight pack around three hours.  Hard to picture at the finish ten seconds representing 90 people but I've also never run Boston before.

That's crazy.

In the R&R Montreal marathon, I placed 137/3858 with a time of 3:14:47. Not the same field.

I look my best blurry!

Wave 2 Corral 8 for this wannabe.  It's all good though.  No broken bones for 19 months now.  I might not be as fast as I briefly was but I'm running happy!  Can't wait!