2016 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 667 times)

I look my best blurry!

Anyone interested in a RA meet-up post race?  Is there one planned?  Crossroads Irish Pub?

MyFeetLikeWings

Anyone need a last minute hotel room? I've had to cancel but have a reservation at the Midtown on Huntington. Good luck to everyone.  Message me if you're interested.  You'll get a bargain!

Mostly harmless

Anyone need a last minute hotel room? I've had to cancel but have a reservation at the Midtown on Huntington. Good luck to everyone.

I'm sorry you've had to cancel.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Mostly harmless

Don't forget your sunscreen. It's going to be a hot one but nothing like 2012.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

Those who have run before, is the dinner good, fun, not to be missed, awful, etc. Have the option of a home cooked pasta dinner or the event dinner. What's your take?

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

bhearn

I would definitely pass on the official pasta dinner, unless you have nobody else to have dinner with. Maybe even then.

Julia1971

Those who have run before, is the dinner good, fun, not to be missed, awful, etc. Have the option of a home cooked pasta dinner or the event dinner. What's your take?

I went last year and might go this year if my room service options aren't great.  (I prefer a monastic existence alone in my hotel room the evening before a marathon.  And then partying like a rock star all over town once it's over.)   The food is good - you could definitely find better at a restaurant but considering it was prepared for masses of people, it's good.  And, it's not pre-packaged so you can pile your plate with as much pasta and salad as you like.  Seating is a little tough for bigger groups, but as a solo, I didn't have any trouble finding a seat.  However, the wait it LONG - maybe 30 minutes just to get in the door, which is a lot of time on your feet when you're running a marathon the next day.  Overall, I think it's miss-able.  If I were you, I'd go with the home cooked pasta dinner (assuming you like the hosts, it's convenient, etc.)

Julia1971

Don't forget your sunscreen. It's going to be a hot one but nothing like 2012.

I'm hoping this is shaping up to feel similar to last year's New York City Marathon but a lot warmer at the end.  I'm predicting a similar sight towards the end - a lot of people walking due to cramps.  Maybe toss down a Gatorade or two on the course for the electrolytes.

Julia1971

Random thoughts...

I hear the weather is trending cooler.

What do you guys think of the shirt?  Love it or hate it?

Are you seeing running legends around town?  We saw Desi Linden, Bill Rodgers, Bart Yasso, and we think Joan Benoit Samuelson on our run this morning.  Very cool.

BeeRunB

Good luck tomorrow! 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Yes, good luck every one!

steph  

Julia1971

+1.  Have a great race, everyone!

jfree

It is a great run!  Good luck to all.

an amazing likeness

Run strong an enjoy the rewards you've earned. If you can, pause for a moment to reflect on all who have made this day such a special achievement...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

onefatchick

Good Luck and Have Fun!!!!