What is perfect race weather to you? (Read 605 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

I was trying to decide what the ideal conditions for running a marathon are for me. I think the most important thing to me is that it is cloudy. I hate the sun and I don't care any ran! I was thinking a high of 60 and low of 40. What are your ideal race conditions.
      2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
    jeffdonahue

For a marathon, it would be 50-55 degrees, and cloudy with maybe a bit of mist at the end to cool you down.
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Cloudy, 48F

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I have not run a marathon yet, but a 55-60 degree day with light rain is a perfect running day for me. Always run atleast 30 sec/mile faster on those rare days. We had been in a drought the last 2 years in the Southeast.
          JakeKnight

30-35, windless, sunny, maybe a little snow.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
            -----------------------------

Scout7

50, cloudy, slight breeze. Either that or torrential downpours and above 65. But that's for trail.
              DoppleBock

44 at the start 48 at the finish calm or a light tail wind cloudy A really good looking women to run just ahead of me at my desired pace to keep my mind off the pain -

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

50 degrees and cloudy. No wind...I hate wind. Rain is only okay if it's above 60 degrees out. Trail running in the rain is okay too.

Menace to Sobriety

Whatever the weather is when the gun goes off.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Go Pre!

A really good looking women to run just ahead of me at my desired pace to keep my mind off the pain -
                      This works well! Unless of course she runs 10 seconds per mile faster than you should be so you hit the wall and watch her fade off into the distance.

A Saucy Wench

32-42 and sunny 42-48 and overcast and apparently 48-55 and drizzly

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Mishka-old log

800m - 75-80, sunny and no wind 5k - 60, overcast and no wind Marathon - 50, overcast and a little breeze
                          xor

yeah, temperature is important... but I'm much more tolerant of a wider range of temps IF the humidity is low (ok, more technically... if the dewpoint is far lower than the temp) and IF the wind isn't the cold, nasty kind. Anyway, I like blue skies. (heh. literal answer as regards to weather) I also like it slightly warmer than most because I'm genetically programmed that way. I *like* 75, but it doesn't make me run faster. My best races are 55-65, light winds, low humidity. 50 is fine; humidity can be higher; I lose tolerance if there's a wind chill. I'm usually in 2 shirts. 45 is fine if it is absolutely still. If there's any wind at all, I'm in three shirts, gloves, and chemical hand warmers. 40 and I'm cussing life, in pants, and three shirts. Ski cap. I get made fun of a lot for my choices in running attire. Among other things.

32-42 and sunny 42-48 and overcast and apparently 48-55 and drizzly
                              I vote for this too!
                              JimR

50 degrees, dry and sunny Cool