be glad you weren't running this marathon.... (Read 516 times)

freckles

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yikes!Shocked 11 casualties?! No

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Bugs

Wow, guess I have to stop complaining that Twin Cities was so very cold and wet. Hope everybody gets home OK.

Bugs

In another thread this week, someone here from England was talking of doing a fell run this weekend. Don't remember who. I only remember that Trent responded to him about it.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Imminent Catastrophe

You have to love trail races.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

freckles

In another thread this week, someone here from England was talking of doing a fell run this weekend. Don't remember who. I only remember that Trent responded to him about it.
              I think that was Beachy Head?

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

Into the wild

Beachy offered fantastic conditions Big grin High pressure, cool, great aid stations and a tail wind that kicked in around 20 miles in... brilliant... Big grin What a con trast to the poor buggers up in Cumbria.

Shut up and run