Canadian Online Retailers (Read 263 times)

hairshirt knitter

I live a long way away from my nearest running shop, so I rely on online retailers. For cycling kit, I've relied on ebay and found merchants, mostly in the states, that can post north. Running kit on ebay.ca is hard to sift through as it doesn't have a separate sport listing, and I haven't had much luck finding good deals on shoes or clothing.

Are there really no good online retailers either in Canada, or in the US that will post cheaply? The only Canadian etailer that I know of is runningroom.ca but they seem expensive.

Are there any?

Not really, as far as I can tell.  You can try Razor Sports, Running Free, and the Canadian end of Sierra Trading Post, but you're usually not going to find deals on par with the big US dealers.  I've had some occasional success with STP, but not much luck with the other two.

I've found that, even when you eat the $35 international shipping charge, you can still get better deals through the US companies (especially if you buy more than one pair of shoes at a time). 

MTA - If you like Asics, however, you're going to have some issues ordering from the States.

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac