*sniff* They laughed at me... (Read 1586 times)

Another Passion

My running partner laughed at me when I showed up in wool navy and white striped long johns with my orange capris over them and a purple asics wind breaker and my green fleece gloves with leopard (faux) fur around the wrists...oh and a black skull cap. Maybe we should start a picture thread of great outfits for winter running Big grin
    Again, I say stylish and trendy! You ladies and your running wardrobes, accessories, and accoutrements rock! Big grin

Rick
    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Oh Mighty Wing

i don't care so much that she re-wore goodness knows i do it, but i do try and air it out at least.... a ball means it's probably still damp. I think bright colored clothes that possibly mismatch are better than the skimpy leave nothing to the imagination clothing many teens are wearing today!!
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My running buddy (same one who laughed at me) showed up for a run wearing clothes she had worn on our run the day before and she had wadded them in a ball in her office. There ought to be a law!
        Dead Oh, yeah...I have a rule against wearing ANY piece of workout clothing more than once before washing. Tight lipped

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think bright colored clothes that possibly mismatch are better than the skimpy leave nothing to the imagination clothing many teens are wearing today!!
          *nods* Especially if the person (of any age) doesn't have the physique to carry it off. Of course, I get heebs watching women run without bras that offer appropriate support. I cringe...'cause that just has to HURT! Sad No

~ Sarah Kay

i don't care so much that she re-wore goodness knows i do it, but i do try and air it out at least.... a ball means it's probably still damp. I think bright colored clothes that possibly mismatch are better than the skimpy leave nothing to the imagination clothing many teens are wearing today!!
            I respectfully disagree Big grin
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I respectfully disagree Big grin
              Men... Roll eyes Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Meh, they were skinny bitches (just as I was at that age). I'll bet they were thinking "dude, I'll never get fat" (just as I thought at that age). Karma's gonna tear them new ones someday. At least I was active at that age...I still got pudgy. Tongue
                LOL! Always fun to go to the HS reunion and all the Biotches that were skinny and made fun of you in HS are all HUGE and nasty looking..... so true. Not to worry Mama, all those Chicken McNuggets will show up on their booties one day.... Wink Cheffy

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Stupid teenage girls
                  Punks, each one of them. Guess their parents never taught them manners.

Michelle

F*ck them.
                      Ugh that sucks. As runners, we do dress oddly though. Anyway, having been through it myself wearing some overall conservative looking gear, you have my sympathy.

-------------------------------------
                      5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
                      10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
                      1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
                      Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

Well at least the laughter doesn't start until you're outside of your house. My husband cracks up at the sight of me in my somewhat conservative get up, it's mostly the gadget factor he laughs at. Garmin, Ipod, Road ID, water bottle (sometimes), double layers, gloves, headband, hat... He "LOVES" when I wear a winter hat to run (I look really funny in it). When he heads out to run he has a regular sports watch and maybe a hat if it's below 20. MTA: Wait till he sees me wearing the flashing Doberman armband for my night runs. Roll eyes

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

LOL! Always fun to go to the HS reunion and all the Biotches that were skinny and made fun of you in HS are all HUGE and nasty looking..... so true. Not to worry Mama, all those Chicken McNuggets will show up on their booties one day.... Wink Cheffy
                          At 10 years most people looked about the same, but one of my classmates was unrecognizable. She was always the heaviest gal in the class and she had lost so much weight that her face didn't even look the same. I never would have known it was Gina if she didn't have such a distinctive voice. I was so happy for her...she looked amazing! Smile I will be interested to see what 20 brings, though (in 3 years). I was 7 months post-partum and at my heaviest when I went to my 10, but right now I'm not a whole lot larger than I was at HS graduation. I'd like to get back down to that weight, too, since it would make me a faster runner! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well at least the laughter doesn't start until you're outside of your house. My husband cracks up at the sight of me in my somewhat conservative get up, it's mostly the gadget factor he laughs at. Garmin, Ipod, Road ID, water bottle (sometimes), double layers, gloves, headband, hat...
                            did can't laugh too much at me...I think cyclists look even dorkier than runners--and his warm weather jerseys are NOT conservative...at ALL! Wink He does think I look hot in my tights, though (admittedly, he does have a thing for spandex as a cyclist)...I think they are more flattering than my pants. Perhaps I need more pairs of tights... Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

did can't laugh too much at me...I think cyclists look even dorkier than runners--and his warm weather jerseys are NOT conservative...at ALL! Wink He does think I look hot in my tights, though (admittedly, he does have a thing for spandex as a cyclist)...I think they are more flattering than my pants. Perhaps I need more pairs of tights... Evil grin
                              I started laughing at the thought of all those guys in red spandex bike shorts that you(?) posted years ago. Why men wear black bike shorts. Maybe someone else sent me the link but it was hugely funny! As for teenage girls....where do they get that evil gene? My daughter doesn't have it....yet
                              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                                i don't know, none of my running stuff matches (because i always buy stuff i see on sale, regardless of the color...hehe) but i keep thinking maybe that look will come into style. lately, i've been seeing these "color blocked" shoes everywhere: take a look i mean, if one shoe can have that many colors, i think i should be able to pull off green shoes, black and aqua pants, a maroon top, white baseball cap, grey gloves and hot pink headphones....hehe...of course that's not what i wore out this morning....