Extra-Terrestrial Blister (Read 663 times)

Came home from a long run two days ago to find a blister the size of a grape on the side of my big toe. Didn't hurt, felt no discomfort during the run. I was going to leave it alone, but it was so big I didn't think I could run with it intact. I reluctantly took off yesterday, but carefully drained it and covered it with a bandage and neosporin. Got up today and it was back, full, and as big as ever! It's an alien, I tell you! I drained it again so I could run today, bandaged it up and taped the toe. Ran with no discomfort. Took the dressing off and it's reconstituting! Tomorrow I'm gonna wake up and this thing is going to be making breakfast.

Yeah, well...sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

Jazz hands!

Maybe it's actually a liquid-filled twin that you absorbed in the womb.
      run run run AHHHHHH run run run
      xor

Toe pot pie. Mmmm.

(Off topic comment here...) Dude... I gotta tell ya - your profile photo is awesome LMAO Back on topic... if it starts speaking to you - amputate.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

More pictures. Fewer words. And the neosporin is not needed, FWIW.

You are morphing Lord Voldemort........soon there will be two of you.....and you can finally control the world........ Big grin

Champions are made when no one is watching

I kind of like draining blisters...
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I wouldn't mind the occasional blister so much if mine didn't always hurt. Though I am prone to really raw spots moreso than blisters...on my heels. I should have taken photos of what a pair of Sauconys did to my achilles area--ow. Any idea what caused your blister...new shoes?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I rarely have blister problems. In fact, I prefer to run without socks. The only reason I wear socks is because my shoes get really ripe if I don't. I think this blister was caused by wet socks...and I'll admit it...I may have worn them more than once between washes. Come on...you know you've done it. :|

I rarely have blister problems. In fact, I prefer to run without socks. The only reason I wear socks is because my shoes get really ripe if I don't. I think this blister was caused by wet socks...and I'll admit it...I may have worn them more than once between washes. Come on...you know you've done it. :|
                        ewwww!!! Shorts, yes. Socks, never!
                          Come on...you know you've done it. :|
                          Okay, I admit it.
                            Come on...you know you've done it. :|
                            Guilty...

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

redleaf

me too - but I hang them up with my other stuff after a run.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

A Saucy Wench

When I ran at work I did. I would let them dry overnight and wear them again. Shirt and shorts too. But I wasnt running very far then.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7