(WARNING LONG RR) Rockenmama's Viaduct Ultra marathon report (Read 841 times)

Hawt and sexy

Dude, my arms hurt. The legs are ok. That spot between the shoulders, also not loving life right now. I need a manslave named Sven to rub me down.

I'm touching your pants.

Dude, my arms hurt. The legs are ok. That spot between the shoulders, also not loving life right now. I need a manslave named Sven to rub me down.
      Now how come my arms don't hurt Confused Only thing I can think of is all the pushups I've done for the last month and a half or so. Mine is called Ken Wink J/k Ken (if you read this) I've had MAJOR upper back issue's the last week and a half before the race (due to not working out in ages and my neck issue's being inflamed) so I was really really expecting my right shoulder to really hurt as well as my back. Maybe your feeling MY pain. *hmmmmm*

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I can't think of any two Women that Define HTFU better.... Simply AWESOME. What a Story! Congratulations to you both!

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

I can't think of any two Women that Define HTFU better.... Simply AWESOME. What a Story! Congratulations to you both!
          Thank you Cheffy!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Ok official times are up. Here are my splits 12.5 25 37.5 50 miles 2:42 5:14 8:15 11:14:44 Didn't have chips but if we did Gun time would be 11:14:44 Chip time would be 11:05:?? and acroding to my 205 that I started wearing after finishing my first loop (started it as soon as dh turned it on even though I was sitting on my ass) I was stopped a total of 35:17. So after over analyzing everything I'm finally believing my DH that I actually ran my "first" 50 mile race pretty smart.

Oh Mighty Wing

You women are my hero's!!! Hero's in skirts!!!
              redleaf

wow. That's all. Just wow.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

xor

Well, it sounds like you had fun. You did, right? 50s are hard work (obviously!). If you are already looking back on it with a smile and thinking about your next long race, then you might be an ultra person. Now come out west where the hills are mountains and the mountains are unforgiving. Lots of cool races out here. And as with Uncle Jake, I am quite impressed by the smartphone-based blogging. My fingers ache just considering it. Good use of the singlet! Yellow is always better than black.

Lisa3.1

CONGRATULATIONS You did So Great.
                      Congratulations Pam!!!! You are truly AMAZING!! (Cue Bette Midler music..."Have I ever told you you're my heeero." Big grin) And you write great reports to boot! Congrats to Ken to for being way up there on the awesome husband podium! I'm sure the other racers really appreciated his help too. And I can't leave Amanda out! Despite the DNF, 35 miles is amazing! Not to mention the whole bridge thing...gah. RA definately has some rockin' peeps!
                        You women are my hero's!!! Hero's in skirts!!!
                        SKIRTS ROCK!!! Thanks Shannon!

Well, it sounds like you had fun. You did, right? 50s are hard work (obviously!). If you are already looking back on it with a smile and thinking about your next long race, then you might be an ultra person. Now come out west where the hills are mountains and the mountains are unforgiving. Lots of cool races out here. And as with Uncle Jake, I am quite impressed by the smartphone-based blogging. My fingers ache just considering it. Good use of the singlet! Yellow is always better than black.
                          I HAD a BLAST!!! And yes I can't believe I"m actually looking towards training to do the 100 next year (or earlier who knows). I'm originally from Seattle (grew up there until I got married (the first time) I'm a mountain girl at heart!! Can't believe I didn't get into running until well after I moved out east (been running 3 years). I will definitely be looking to do some Ultra's out west when all of my kids are grown (or the last two are at least teenagers) Dh impressed me too! Thanks Srlopez!!

CONGRATULATIONS You did So Great.
                            Thanks Lisa!!!!

ooops Blush

Congratulations Pam!!!! You are truly AMAZING!! (Cue Bette Midler music..."Have I ever told you you're my heeero." Big grin) And you write great reports to boot! Congrats to Ken to for being way up there on the awesome husband podium! I'm sure the other racers really appreciated his help too. And I can't leave Amanda out! Despite the DNF, 35 miles is amazing! Not to mention the whole bridge thing...gah. RA definately has some rockin' peeps!
                                Nice voice ya have there Joni! Thanks hun. I think dh will be using this in any argument we may have over the next 50 years lol I agree about RA having some rockin' peeps!