Why Is the Republican Field So Extreme? (Read 2137 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Wow. Put that on a sign and advertise how you VASTLY overrate the attention span and literacy level of the US consumer.

NEW PAGE!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xor

62 pages.

100k worth.

Feeling the growl again

I love how they're now starting to march on individual companies who have cut jobs.  Great idea.  I don't see why we don't learn from Greece and just make everyone an employee of the state with guaranteed job security, and pay for it with tax dollars.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I love how they're now starting to march on individual companies who have cut jobs.  Great idea.  I don't see why we don't learn from Greece and just make everyone an employee of the state with guaranteed job security, and pay for it with tax dollars.

The problem in Greece stems from the fact that are no "tax dollars" - they just borrowed all the money :/

Feeling the growl again

The problem in Greece stems from the fact that are no "tax dollars" - they just borrowed all the money :/

Oh.  Well it's a good thing we don't have a problem with deficit spending then. 

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

The U.S. is too big to fail.  Let the rest of the world bail us out. Smile

Why is it sideways?

Feeling the growl again

Thought this was pretty good.

A good read.  Makes sense.

However, if, in the end, their only message is "We Are Pissed At The World But Have No Solution", I'm not sure there is anything they can accomplish to change the situation for the better.

Personally what I'd like to see is all of this energy directed at getting like 80% of incumbents -- both parties -- booted in the next election.  Show them that they have to listen to The People and not just The Corporate Campaign Donors.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Personally what I'd like to see is all of this energy directed at getting like 80% of incumbents -- both parties -- booted in the next election.  Show them that they have to listen to The People and not just The Corporate Campaign Donors.

With a 13 % approval rating for congress, maybe there really should be an option on the ballot to not have any one elected.  Leave the seat empty.

Why is it sideways?

A good read.  Makes sense.

However, if, in the end, their only message is "We Are Pissed At The World But Have No Solution", I'm not sure there is anything they can accomplish to change the situation for the better.

Yep, also until something is done to reign in campaign costs, whoever lands in elected office will end up beholden to the donors, whether we kick them out or not. 

The protest is doing what protests are good at doing, which is getting us to talk about and sometimes even think about what exactly is wrong and how to fix it. That's what we need right now, more than a list of specific demands and solutions. (In fact, most of the specific demands and solutions that can be affixed to a sign are cringeworthy if thought in policy terms. They are more fairly understood as provocations to more subtle analysis.)

Prince of Fatness

I was ridiculed here a few months back for suggesting this.

MTA: And I agree that was a good read.  Thanks Jeff.

Not at it at all. 

Yep, also until something is done to reign in campaign costs, whoever lands in elected office will end up beholden to the donors, whether we kick them out or not. 

I think this is an often over looked fact.  Regardless of party the cost of running for national office has made all elected officials much less accountable to the actual voting public and much more accountable to whoever is paying the bills.

Feeling the growl again

I was ridiculed here a few months back for suggesting this.

Hopefully not by me.  Crow is nasty-tasting.