Zoomy's "not living up to her name" 25k (Read 965 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kirsten--Cory and I were anxiously awaiting your arrival before the race inside Devos place as agreed. Wimp. What kind of swamp troll are you? Also, met Rick last night at the expo. It was great to actually put faces to swampers. Missed you, though. Think about the Marshall run 5k Labor day weekend in Newaygo.
    Ooh, I may just have to do that race... Where were you guys? We looked near the restrooms in the big expo space, just on the other side of the wall from the lobby area...as well as on the other side of the wall in the lobby area. Sad Is Rick just as fun a guy IRL as he is here? His HTFU sign really was the highlight of the entire race (well, that, and crossing the line and being done, heh).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Kirsten, I'm sorry about your not making your goal, but CONGRATS on your PR friend!!! I'm proud of ya. Cool

Oh Mighty Wing

Zoomy I blame it all on the bug... which by the way is awful to have to run with a respiratory bug especially in prime allergy season! So you definitely HTFU'd and there is always next time!!

Dog-Love

I am proud of you too. Chicka you have come far...and it;s great to have room for improvement. Makes for lots of PRs. More than a lot of the elites can say. You are awesome!
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Gotta TRI

Zoomy, YOU ROCK!!! Sorry you didn't hit your personal goal, but you did PR, you did finish, and you do rock! As mentioned earlier, you are such a motivator and inspiration to many of us here, and we thank -you. Keep it up Big grin
            2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
              Ugh. ...since I crossed the finish and I'm still fairly queasy.
              Tight lipped Great job. I probably would have stayed home Big grin, if I was sick.

Vim

corland

Ooh, I may just have to do that race... Where were you guys? We looked near the restrooms in the big expo space, just on the other side of the wall from the lobby area...as well as on the other side of the wall in the lobby area. Sad Is Rick just as fun a guy IRL as he is here? His HTFU sign really was the highlight of the entire race (well, that, and crossing the line and being done, heh).
                We were there off and on from about 7:00 until about 7:45. I had to run back to the truck at one point and I think Joe left to check gear for a minute while I was gone. I watched the finish shoot from about 10:15 until 10:55am as well. I was looking for your orange skirt. There's just sooo many people there. 4 of my coworkers crossed the line in that time as well, I missed them all. None the less, Great effort Zoom! I wish you were happier with your race. Marshall Run - Definitely a fun run, and for a good cause! A meet would be much easier as well Wink
                freckles

You had a great PR girl! Some days are just better than others but even your bad day had its good points!

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Tight lipped Great job. I probably would have stayed home Big grin, if I was sick.
                    Well, I wasn't sick until I started racing...therin lies the rub (oh, and speaking of rub...forgot to Body Glide under my arms--ouch!).

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You had a great PR girl! Some days are just better than others but even your bad day had its good points!
                      Yeah, I got to see Rick with his HTFU sign. That was totally awesome! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Marshall Run - Definitely a fun run, and for a good cause! A meet would be much easier as well Wink
                        As much as I hate 5ks, I may have to do that one. Would be closer for backroadrunner, too, as she lives about 30 minutes or so from Newaygo. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Zoomy, I'm just reading your post and I am proud of you. I know everyone has off days, but you still got a PR to boot. Way to HTFU! Good job doing it and I'm sorry about the Body Glide situation. That stinks. Jilly Orange Team rules!
                          "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
                          Teresadfp

One day at a time

Sounds like a hard race, but you toughed it out! Congrats on the PR - many more to come!
                              dear Zoomy, Hey way to go on sticking it out through a race and you PRed... pretty inspiring, I'm going to start buggin you for tips on my first HM A

Recalculating...

My dogs are fast, not me

Sorry you didn't meet your goal. But, well done on the PR. You haven't been feeling great, so I'm sure you'll crush it next time.

Robin