More Science of Sport discussion on barefoot running (Read 2796 times)

Seanv2

You must train the French.

zing!

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Feeling the growl again

zing!

Hey it's one of my favorite jokes...."For Sale, old French military rifle...never fired, only dropped once."

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Hey, its one of my favorite jokes:, your replies.....

An even better joke is thinking you're good enough to give advice to anyone let alone US Navy SEALS....

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Feeling the growl again

Hey, its one of my favorite jokes:, your replies.....

An even better joke is thinking you're good enough to give advice to anyone let alone US Navy SEALS....

Stick with making movies, Charlie Sheen.  When you start coaching people to Olympic medals by teaching them to run like a Jesus Christ lizard maybe we'll be convinced of your tiger blood and Adonis DNA.  Until then you're just another crackpot with the microphone.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

sport jester

Biomimeticist

No, I'm someone with Navy SEAL students who write articles about what I teach...

The closest thing you'll ever come to being a Navy SEAL is playing one in a video game.

Who have you coached to Olympic record...

In fairness, if that's the standard I have to meet, then you should have done so already...

You're under the dillusional cloud that running for three hours in a gym is the same as running three days in combat wearing up to

140lbs of equipment...

You run to chase plastic "medals"

My students run to keep their faces out of the cross hairs of an enemy sniper rifle...

Yes, you're the only real joke to this forum.

Sorry...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

xor

Important stuff:

A big thanks to the SEALS for helping defend our country.

A big thanks to the SEALS for their major role in finally dealing with OBL.

Not-important stuff:

I don't give a rat fart about SEALS and barefoot running as it applies to helping me be a better runner.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Well then maybe you should, the military calls it fluid intelligence, obviously you've never heard of it.

Cultures that have never worn shoes win marathons, ask any Kenyan...

Cultures that have never worn shoes are the world's best sprinters

Cultures that have never worn shoes don't tear their ACL's like a pathetic fool like you

If you don't think there's something to learn from cultures that have never worn shoes, then ask the miltiary why

they are; because a soldier runs for survival, not entertainment. So I'm sure your ego can't learn anything.

Not because there's nothing to learn, but you're far too egotistical to learn.  

And unless you're faster than any of them, then you know nothing about the science of running.

And if you did, then why aren't you an Olympic coach?

xor

Cultures that have never worn shoes don't tear their ACL's like a pathetic fool like you

Um.

What?

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

Humm since I tore My acl,pcland mcl slipping on ice after a recent snow, How would have bear foot helped me vs the soral boots I was wearing?

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

xor

And unless you're faster than any of them, then you know nothing about the science of running.

Interesting point.

Can you please pull up some results that show you are faster?

If you can't, then by your own words, you know nothing about the science of running.

You're under the dillusional cloud that running for three hours in a gym is the same as running three days in combat wearing up to

140lbs of equipment...

You run to chase plastic "medals"

Most of my medals are metal. I'm not under any cloud of 'dillusionment' either.  I know that running 3 hours in the gym is not the same as running 3 days in combat with 140 lbs of equipment.  That's sort of silly and stupid. AND, back to my point, running for 3 days in combat with 140 pounds of shit has not much to do with what interests me, has not much to do with barefoot running at all, and.... 3 hours in the gym?  That must be the same dude who tore his acl???  Spaniel?  Who is who?

Also... "literally".

Since the vast majority of runners seek guidence to finish a marathon, rather than win one, running without shoes is an improvement simply because they're not trying to run under the influence of having their feet literally duct taped to a board.

-A 19 year teacher of barefoot athletics- 

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Gig

Hey, srlopez, I've been meaning to ask you what's up with your HUGE ego. You need to learn to be more humble, like sports jester.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

This is why it has finally been discovered that Coach Joe Newton knew nothing about the science of running...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

Stacks

...dillusional...

Sorry, kind of zoned out there what with all the ranting and such, but hey let's stop for a moment and pay homage:  "dillusional," is a great coining, what a terrific word...conjures up spectacular pickles in my mind.

Hold on though.  Just zoned back in and caught the reference to "fluid intelligence."  There's a concept for you.  This thread, as of today, is clearly full of it.  

(Okay.  I'm through.  Not coming back, will resist the temptation.)

xor

You can't unring a bell!

Edit: Ok, that was supposed to appear after leney's Palin comment, but Stacks snuck in between.

You know what I call that?

A stacks overflow.

Someone (may) get that.