Stevie Ray and the Missing February Coast-to-Coast race reports (Read 628 times)

xor

What I did for February can be found in here. That would be the Surf City Marathon, the very crappy Valentine Marathon, and the National Marathon to Fight Breast Cancer. Also, surgeries and stuff. I learned that AAA isn't just that org that tows my dead car and used to send me maps.

bhearn

Great job at Surf City, and best wishes to your father for a speedy recovery. So... you're gonna start training hard now for that BQ... right???
      xor

Great job at Surf City, and best wishes to your father for a speedy recovery. So... you're gonna start training hard now for that BQ... right???
        Start? I'm a month into it. Since 2/15 (Breast Cancer Marathon), I've brought my mileage back up into the 50s, then 60s, and this week will be 75-80. I started some speed stuff last week. I'll be ready June/July.

dude! your pink gloves in those pictures are hot. Where can I get a pair?? Tongue man... 3 marathons in 3 weeks... wow!! Shocked
          xor

Here are the pink gloves at Zombie Runner. I like(d) them a lot.... but they haven't been terribly durable. I've worn them in probably 10 races (and not usually for the full race each time) and last week in Little Rock, one of them split at a seam. I will probably get a second pair just to see if it was my pair or something goofed about the design or quality. They are injinjis, and their socks seem to be of good quality. But they probably farm out the gloves to another manufacturer. As for 3 in 3 weeks, my personal record is 8 in 3 weeks (4 one weekend, 2 the second weekend, 2 the third weekend).

#artbydmcbride

Great reports! Well worth the wait. Smile

Runners run

thanks for the link!
                As for 3 in 3 weeks, my personal record is 8 in 3 weeks (4 one weekend, 2 the second weekend, 2 the third weekend).
                ok wow, i am unworthy to post in this thread any longer... Clowning around
                bhearn

Start? I'm a month into it. Since 2/15 (Breast Cancer Marathon), I've brought my mileage back up into the 50s, then 60s, and this week will be 75-80. I started some speed stuff last week. I'll be ready June/July.
                  Cool. Good luck!
                  Len

Damn Yankee

Are you running El Scorcho this year SR?

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

A Saucy Wench

Oh goodie! I dont have time to read them right now, but I almost started a thread 2 days ago chastising you about falling behind on your reports. I cut you some slack cause I know life's been busy.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Best Present Ever

Also, surgeries and stuff. I learned that AAA isn't just that org that tows my dead car and used to send me maps.
                        how is your dad?
                        xor

Overall, he's doing great. He's currently reading the paper. Here's what I wrote over in the Masters area: He's doing ok. The surgery recovery went well, but he developed blood clots after that so they put him on the mega-blood thinner coumadin. They are still trying to get the dosage straight so he's scared about cutting himself or falling. And he can't eat stuff with lots of vitamin K. Which, as it turns out, is a lot of the normally good, healthy foods. Plus he's on a medicine to slow his heart and this makes him very tired. I've been trying to get the doctor to take him off this... he went on it for the surgery. Which was a month ago. Anyway, lots of work.

Best Present Ever

Glad things are going relatively well. It's tons of work to manage care. Does he have a primary care doc who can help with things like getting the drugs sorted out? Docs sometimes work better doc-to-doc.
                            xor

Glad things are going relatively well. It's tons of work to manage care. Does he have a primary care doc who can help with things like getting the drugs sorted out? Docs sometimes work better doc-to-doc.
                              His main doctor is ok, but he hasn't been so great at sorting out meds. BUT. My sister (aka, dad's daughter) is 1) a very bossy person and 2) an RN. She's been a great help.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Just read the Surf City race report -- nice entertaining report -- and great pink running outfit photo accompanying.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.