Linking Training plan and workout data imported from Garmin (Read 399 times)

an amazing likeness

Looking for some guidance from those who have more experience with the training plan that I do...

From experimenting a bit, it appears that if you have a training plan entry on your calendar -- the idea is that you would update that entry with the actual distance/time/route/equipment.  This "converts" the training plan entry to a workout entry.

(Short version:  click on training plan, update the data, save it.  You have now have a workout.)

But what should happen when the workout data is imported from your Garmin?  I end up with the workout, and the training plan entry for that day.

(Actually, I like this...showing 'plan vs. actual'....but I'm not sure having the training plan entry stay after the workout has happened is the designed intent.)

Is the some means to link GPS imported workouts to the associated training plan entry?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

There's a drop-down that has "Not a planned workout" as one entry and whatever planned workouts you have in there, too.

But one bug I've encountered is that infrequently I edit my downloaded workout to indicate it was a planned workout, and that doesn't "take".  I end up with the downloaded workout in there, and the planned workout sitting there unfulfilled.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

an amazing likeness

Clive -- thanks for the pointer to the "not a planned workout".  I'm still not getting it...since it is a planned workout, I'd want the training plan entry to be planned and get the GPS-imported workout to be assigned as the 'plan actual'.

Sorry, I meant (and maybe you understood) that when you edit your recently downloaded workout, to open that drop-down and select the relevant planned workout.  I'm not sure if RA compares what you've done and can "auto-recognize" the match-up.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

an amazing likeness

Aha!  I just got it...I was looking at the training plan entry for the "planned versus not a planned entry".  It took a couple minutes for it to *click* and get that the same drop down was in the actual workout.

Thanks!