Goal of Sub-3 Hour Marathon (Read 15845 times)

JimHowe,  I can't believe I'm telling you this but you need to remove me from the "hopefuls list" because I graduated yesteday at Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon with a time of 2:55:55.  I just like to thank all the people on this thread that post with great running information, inspiring race results, and making your logs public.  All of it help me make this goal a reality.

Flovesparko, we ran the same race yesterday, nice job on the impressive sub 3!

Purdey

Self anointed title

Jim - please add me to the "hopefulls".

Purdey - Brighton Marathon, England - 18 April 2010.

Thanks.

I sent in the information to the marathon. However, they haven't updated the .pdf with all of the registered teams yet. You can check on the marathon website to see if you are on there. We are in the Blue Division, Male and yes we have the longest team name in race history....

What are you planning on wearing for the start of the race. Temps @ the start are supposed to be 34-35F. I might go an try and find some old tube socks or something. I was just planning on a short sleeve shirt and shorts...

Yep, the pressure is on! I'm feeling pretty good, with minor worries about my achilles.

Ran 13.1 on the Creek Path yesterday. Planned to run it at normal easy/long pace. Just felt really good and ran 7:15 pace (1:35) and it still felt easy at the time. I know it was a bit fast, since I'm a little sore today. Also, my achilles let itself be known at mile 12. No actual pain, but yikes! I'm just scared that it will cause a DNF or something...

I like the weather forecast.

Hey, am I on your team?

flovesparko

Hey FLATFOOTER,

Take a look at my splits and your splits.  The first 13 miles we were always within 6-9 seconds of each other.    At mile 14 we both had 1:34:19 exactly.  I remember talking to someone after running past the half marathon split mat and I think it was right at mile 14.    At that point, it was pretty spread out between each runner.  Do you remember talking to anyone at that point. I initiated the conversation by asking about marathon goal pace and  what place the woman in front of us was.   I finally past the top two women by mile 18 I think.   

flovesparko

Good luck to all the Chicago runners this weekend!!!!!!!!!!  

BoilerTom90, Dakota RR, danworley, dcv2002,  E_rainrun, NeedACleverName

I will be in Chicago this weekend cheering everybody on.   I ran Chicago the last two years and I'm glad you guys won't be running in 88 and 86 degree weather.   Have a great race guys!!!  

Good luck to all the Chicago runners this weekend!!!!!!!!!!  

BoilerTom90, Dakota RR, danworley, dcv2002,  E_rainrun, NeedACleverName

I will be in Chicago this weekend cheering everybody on.   I ran Chicago the last two years and I'm glad you guys won't be running in 88 and 86 degree weather.   Have a great race guys!!!  

Thanks!!  I'm assigned start coral B. Unfortunately, I didn't have a fast enough qualifying time for coral A until my last 1/2 M in September. 

Anyone have any advice on how early we need to get down there?  It's been 14 years since I've ran 
              Chicago and the last time there were only about 15K runners, not 40K. 

I'll be wearing black shorts, a long sleeve royal blue shirt, black gloves, and my 4-bottle fuel belt. 

and my 4-bottle fuel belt. 

I see you have made your decision. 

Just wanted to wish you all the best of luck in Chicago. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I see you have made your decision. 

Just wanted to wish you all the best of luck in Chicago. 

Thanks!  I'm pretty excited for it. 

Yes, I did a fair number of harder runs with the belt and though I'd rather not wear it, I can drink more effectively with the little bottles than I can out of cups. 

One more time for Chicago. Again, the lineup:

alan fletcher - 10/11/2009 Chicago, Chicago, IL  

DLJ - 10/11/2009 Melbourne, Australia 

BoilerTom90 - 10/11/09 Chicago, Chicago, IL  

Dakota RR - 10/11/09 Chicago, Chicago, IL  

danworley - 10/11/09 Chicago, Chicago, IL  

dcv2002 - 10/11/09 Chicago, Chicago, IL 

E_rainrun - 10/11/09 Chicago, Chicago, IL

NeedACleverName - 10/11/2009 Chicago, Chicago, IL

And last but not least. Lets have it for DLJ in Australia:

Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33

I don't know about the B-corral, but the A-corral was fairly empty last year about 25-30 minutes before the race. At least this year we don't have to walk all the way around the fountain to get to the corrals...

Also, remember to stash some warm clothes in your check-in bag. You'll need it after the finish. I was FREEZING after the finish at Boston last year.... Though the beer @ the finish should be nice a cold this year...

Thanks!!  I'm assigned start coral B. Unfortunately, I didn't have a fast enough qualifying time for coral A until my last 1/2 M in September. 

Anyone have any advice on how early we need to get down there?  It's been 14 years since I've ran 
                      Chicago and the last time there were only about 15K runners, not 40K. 

I'll be wearing black shorts, a long sleeve royal blue shirt, black gloves, and my 4-bottle fuel belt. 

Good luck this weekend everyone!

I'm sure we're going to have lots of race reports to read after this Sunday!!

One more time for Chicago. Again, the lineup:

alan fletcher - 10/11/2009 Chicago, Chicago, IL  

BoilerTom90 - 10/11/09 Chicago, Chicago, IL  

Dakota RR - 10/11/09 Chicago, Chicago, IL  

dcv2002 - 10/11/09 Chicago, Chicago, IL 

E_rainrun - 10/11/09 Chicago, Chicago, IL

NeedACleverName - 10/11/2009 Chicago, Chicago, IL

And last but not least. Lets have it for DLJ in Australia:

Good luck everyone!  You've actually got me excited about coming to work on Monday! - I'll be following the Chicago stats here from the UK from about lunchtime. 

I'm going to stick my neck out and say we will have a record 5 sub 3's come Monday afternoon in no particular order....

DoppleBock

I can't wait to read all about it!

Will a heat wave move in just in time?

naw, its probably time for an artic blast

High 30s at start and mid 40s at finish 4-7mph winds ... sounds pretty good to me, but I am from WI and melt in anything > 60F

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

The race is Sunday.-

Good luck everyone!  You've actually got me excited about coming to work on Monday! - I'll be following the Chicago stats here from the UK from about lunchtime. 

I'm going to stick my neck out and say we will have a record 5 sub 3's come Monday afternoon in no particular order....

kcam

Gonna be some fireworks in Chicago and Melbourne this weekend.   Get it done, guys and gals.