old school, nimbus VII (Read 606 times)

So I slipped on my old pair of asics gel nimbus 7's, which are back from my high school days heh, and found that my shins felt so much better with these on. (Maybe it's all in my head but whatev...) I've been scouring the internet looking to buy these, but I am guessing since asics discontinued them, nobody is selling them...any ideas where I could dig a pair of these up?? (i'm a ladies size 7) thanks!
    PDoe

THanks soxfan, I've gone through nimbus 9 and 10 and now am on sauconys, and find that I still liked the 7's the best out of all. I just wish they hadn't discontinued it!
        KMB

ask at your expo this weekend. presuming you have checked ebay? I get most of my asics there, including my last 3 nimbus' (but they were an VIII, and 2 IX's)

an amazing likeness

I thought you Army people were ingenious...geez...Back in the day when I was in High School, we made our own with a waffle iron and this sheet in a tube called Shoo-goo. Wink

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

So I slipped on my old pair of asics gel nimbus 7's, which are back from my high school days heh, and found that my shins felt so much better with these on. (Maybe it's all in my head but whatev...) I've been scouring the internet looking to buy these, but I am guessing since asics discontinued them, nobody is selling them...any ideas where I could dig a pair of these up?? (i'm a ladies size 7) thanks!
              If you come up with a source for the Nimbus VII, please pass it along. The VI and the VII were by far the best Nimbus ever. The VIII`s discouraged me enough to switch over to NB. I would love to get my hands on a few pair! Good luck! Big grin
              "I never said it was going to be easy. I only said it would be worth it."
                I thought you Army people were ingenious...geez...Back in the day when I was in High School, we made our own with a waffle iron and this sheet in a tube called Shoo-goo. Wink
                Hah! Maybe I could just start a new fad called "hot girl running in combat boots" and maybe add in a running skirt? Tongue jkw, I emailed asics to see if they could help, so i'll let you know if they ever reply!
                  The Nimbus V and VI and VII were totally awesome shoes and I ran my best 1/2(1:45) in a yellow pair, then I took some time off and when I came back to running I immediately bought a pair of Nimbus and was very disappointed because the others were sooo... good. I ran a 1/2 in some Nike Vomero's but I am now wearing Saucony Rides for shorter runs and wear Saucony ProGrid Triumph VI for my long runs. Saucony saved the day as the ProGrid Triumph is even a better shoe than the Nimbus and its exciting to know you have the right shoe for the right run. I have a high arch and its hard to find a shoe that won't roll my ankle to the outside which amplifies my problem, and the Saucony Ride does this a little bit, but the Triumph VI allows my ankles to stay neutral. I still occasionally wear a Asics XI which is the newest version, but it just isn't the same and no where close to the Saucony!