Anybody Else Here Doing Chicago? (Read 1125 times)

The big number of me is the dewpoint. If it stays in the 50s it would be OK. This is definitely not optimal conditions though... I leave for Chicago tomorrow...
    heelgrad92

Heelgrad: I have a good feeling you're gonna get that BQ time. I ran Chicago last year as well but couldn't muster better than 3:44 in that heat (and I was almost out for the count when it was over). And I was trained well enough to run 3:15 in good weather. To prove it I came back and ran the Silicon Valley Marathon 4 weeks later in 3:14. Run a smart race and good luck to you and all the other Chicago runners.
      SmileThanks for the encouraging words. I think it is amazing you could come back 4 weeks later and post that kind of time, and it gives me an idea of how much the heat affected my performance last year. I have trained exactly the same way as I did last year, and I feel really good, so I have a reasonable shot at the elusive BQ.
        I'll be there. I will be in the open corral hoping for under 5 hours. It's my 1st time running Chicago. but my 3rd marathon.
        My third also, first Chicago. I'm flying out of St. Louis Friday morning...I'm very, very nervous. My last two races were teeny-tiny compared to the massive amount of runners in Chicago.
        "If you run 100 miles a week, you can eat anything you want - Why? Because (a) you'll burn all the calories you consume, (b) you deserve it, and (c) you'll be injured soon and back on a restricted diet anyway." ~ Don Kardong
          Anyone know bib numbers so we can try to keep up with you guys on Sunday? I know I'm a geek who loves to pay attention....
          protoplasm72

Anyone know bib numbers so we can try to keep up with you guys on Sunday? I know I'm a geek who loves to pay attention....
            Yeah, as of now I'm planning on biking down and watching from somewhere between mile 7 and 8. I can register for text messages and get an update at the 10k mark when someone is coming so I know to hold my HTFU sign up Big grin Assuming I find a way to carry it on a bike. I'll probably start heading down towards the finish line by 9:15 though so I can see the elites finish.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

heelgrad92

Mine is 3063.
              Frank4

Yeah, as of now I'm planning on biking down and watching from somewhere between mile 7 and 8. I can register for text messages and get an update at the 10k mark when someone is coming so I know to hold my HTFU sign up Big grin Assuming I find a way to carry it on a bike. I'll probably start heading down towards the finish line by 9:15 though so I can see the elites finish.
                My bib numbers is 2622. If you're down between mile 7 and 8, I will look for the HTFU sign in there someplace. Should be there between 8:50 and 9:00, depending on how long it takes to get across the start. My daughter will be watching at about mile 8 1/2, so that will give me something else to look forward to. You should have someone else run that sign down to about mile 23...that's probably the time that a lot of us are going to need it! Big grin
                  If you're looking for something to do after lunch, I'll still be out on the course. Smile My bib is 34899. Can't miss me - I'll be in a bright orange World Vision jersey.
                  "If you run 100 miles a week, you can eat anything you want - Why? Because (a) you'll burn all the calories you consume, (b) you deserve it, and (c) you'll be injured soon and back on a restricted diet anyway." ~ Don Kardong
                  protoplasm72

You should have someone else run that sign down to about mile 23...that's probably the time that a lot of us are going to need it! Big grin
                    Maybe you'll see me down there too. Just don't tell my physical therapist about my plans for a 50+ mile day on the bike Big grin

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

Mine is 18896. Should be a great day. Hope everyone has a good race.

Outside Lane

I'm not running it but my younger brother is. He is trying to BQ. He ran 3:30 a couple of years ago and needs a 3:20. He's my inspiration. Maybe I will try next year - did my first HM this year....

See how they run...

my bib number is 6177

Res firma mitescere nescit
                          Running in Tampa

heelgrad92

My bib numbers is 2622. If you're down between mile 7 and 8, I will look for the HTFU sign in there someplace. Should be there between 8:50 and 9:00, depending on how long it takes to get across the start. My daughter will be watching at about mile 8 1/2, so that will give me something else to look forward to. You should have someone else run that sign down to about mile 23...that's probably the time that a lot of us are going to need it! Big grin
                            That is some serious resilience you have after just running a marathon three weeks ago. This race is starting to heat up a bit, though nothing like last year. Highs in the upper 70's predicted, with starting time temps in the low 60's. Stay in the shade and don't be afraid to dump water on your head even early in the race. They have 20 aid stations now so there should be plenty.

The Greatest of All Time

Bib # 1521 Start corral A Predicted finishing time: Sometime on Sunday.
                              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Another Passion

Good luck everyone. Looks like it is going to be unseasonably warm again tomorrow, but not quite as bad as last year's blazingly brutal race.

Rick
                                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                                runningforcassy.blogspot.com