What do you bring with you? (Read 1076 times)

keys and ipod. if it is longer than 1.5 hours than I wear my water bottle belt and bring a snack too.

~Sara
    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Other than whatever clothing and shoes I am wearing, I wear a watch (chronometer) and stick a hankerchief into the waistband of my shorts. If I have driven to where I run, then I carry a car key in the pocket of my shorts or, if the shorts don't have a pocket, pinned to the inside of the waistband of my shorts. I find water along the routes where I run and don't need anything else.
        Just enough clothing to stay warm in the winter....actually start a little cold but usually warm after first 1/2 to 1 mile. Ipod shuffle Road ID Garmin 205 Car Key or House Key
          Depends on the run. Long run: Camelbak/gels. Mostly always, camera phone in a baggie - especially on trail runs, or runs where I may not encounter people. Today, I slipped on ice and fell at a turnaround. I decided to stop to check myself out and figured I may as well call my wife, who was leaving for work. License/ID. Couple $. Sometimes, my camera (never know what may be a cool pic.) or iPod. Maybe a water bottle if the run isn't Camelbak-worthy (I don't a have a course where I can stash water.) I figure all this stuff is like weight training. In a race, without it (and w/o the winter garb, though I do go light on the layering) I should be even faster. Oh yeah, and a watch.

Queen of 3rd Place

Around an hour or less, just my garmin...around 2 hrs, add music...more than 2 hrs or hot, add water... And less clothing is always better than more! Arla

Ex runner

Depends on where and when. For closeby short runs, I seldom take anything except what I'm wearing. For longer runs in less busy areas, I'll take a pack with extra gear, fluids, fuel, electrolytes, etc - whatever I think I need to deal with the weather conditions on that day for the duration of the run as well as if I have problems on trails (probabilities, risk management at play here). And anything in between for in-between type runs.
              "So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
              dfffff

Watch....shorts....shoes... That's it. In the winter I just wear more.
                  Ipod shuffle Road ID Garmin 205 Car Key or House Key
                  Same here for me minus the key..either DW is home or I leave the back door unlocked
                  2009 Goals...:
                  -run more miles than 2008

-build base to train for 2010 Rome Marathon
                    1 -1 1/2 hours: Garmin, Road ID, hat, key in shoe laces, enough clothes to stay warm 2+ hours: Add a fuel belt or handheld depending on the route, temp, and mood.
                      short run - garmin longer run (over 8 miles or so) - garmin, $10 note, house key (if OH is going to be out)
                      Kenotic Runner

Generally I think less is more. I used to load up more, especially for long runs. When I'd have my GPS on wrist and Fuel Belt loaded with ID, drinks, snacks, a phone, and "entertainment system" (OK, iPod), I'd refer to it as my mini-van.
                        HOSS1961

I would say on truly long runs I take my fuel belt for hydration and fueling purposes. My Garmin is like wearing shoes so I don't count that. I should get a Road ID
                          HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured
                            Never heard of a road ID before, but I after reading this thread I ordered one. Got the Bracelet. Other than that, I don't have anything on me but shoes, shorts, and shirt. Not even keys. I'm not up to the long distance ranges yet, so I don't have to worry about water/gel.

~Mike

I take whatever I wanna take. Big grin I usually run loops and I've found advantages to this. I can stash whatever I want in my truck and every 3 miles I'll be back around to it. On my person I have these things. watch, a couple gels if on long run, key to truck in pocket. In the truck I keep water, variety of cold weather gear, cell phone, ID, etc. One of the reasons I like running is its such a personal sport. You can do it however you want and don't have to answer to any one but yourself.......OK, I still have get to answer to DW.
                              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                              Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Road ID, Garmin, clothes. About 15% of my runs have an ipod along with.