Anyone run in Prospect Park, Brooklyn (Read 368 times)

ultramarathon/triathlete

I ran 20 miles Saturday (gearing up for NYC in Nov) and while the first 10 were a breeze, I started to get bored after an hour or so. If anyone is running long runs in Prospect Park, let me know. Right now I'm running at a 7:45 pace for my long runs. Seems like my people on my running team either run about a 6:45 pace, or a 9/min pace. So either one does not work for me. If you're around sub 8/mid 7s, look me up. I need someone to pass the time with. I still have around 4 or so 20+ milers to knock out in the coming weeks before I can lower them a bit. So in the mean time, I'd love some company! (also, we don't have to stay confined to PPark, we could start there and head into the city for a change of scenery.)

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
    Gatorade Endurance Team

I'm not in NYC anymore but ran in Prospect Park several times when last visiting. But I thought I'd offer an alternative to running PP for your 20 milers. If you're by the park, why not to the Brooklyn Bridge, through Battery Park and up the Hudson (or go the other way and go up the East River path). *Much* more exciting than...what, six or seven loops of PP?

ultramarathon/triathlete

That's a good suggestion, and when I run to work that's pretty much the route I take. But that's only 5 miles (to work) for me and I don't have to carry and water or anything. For my long runs, I HATE carrying water, so if I am in the park, there are a lot of fountains I can stop at once every loop (3.35 miles). Hence the seemingly endless circles around and around and around...

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
        Gatorade Endurance Team