Sub 2:00 Half Marathon thread (Read 2396 times)

miele

Godzilla

Somehow that posted twice so I deleted one.  I think.

10K: 47:12* / 13.1: 1:50:56 / 26.2: 3:53:48

EdithRevisited

If you ask

I'm crying while watching the stupid news.  Boston.   This s so sad.

• Charlie Horse Half Marathon - May 25
      • PA Grand Canyon Marathon - July 27
      • Labor Pain 12 Hour Endurance - August 31 (50k...or more!)

miele

Godzilla

I've got to leave the house.  I can't stand this.  Hugs to everyone.

10K: 47:12* / 13.1: 1:50:56 / 26.2: 3:53:48

This is so sad. The world is really f**ked up. Such senseless acts of violence. Just heard that one of the victims was an 8 year old.

Prayers and thoughts go out to those in Boston, and their families.

We all need to run races with black armbands in memory of those hurt and killed.

Steve

5K/22:33   10K/47:52   21.1K/1:44:06  42.2K/4:07:37
          2014 Goals: 5K<22:00 10K<45:00 HM<1:40  FM<3:45

We all need to run races with black armbands in memory of those hurt and killed.

I will do this!  +1

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Half Marathon = 1:38.53  Summer Sizzle 7/13/14

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/12  4:39.11

Solo O Marathon 06/02/13  3:52:10

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/13 3:40.34

gosling

So sad about Boston. Just absolutely gut-wrenching awful. I hadn't heard about one of the victims being an 8 year old...now I am even more angry and upset.

On a happier note, huge congrats to Zelanie and Wolfwalker!

Zelanie, I totally understand your disappointment and do not want to sound like I'm invalidating it BUT I must say you ran an amazing race, gave it all you had, and still managed to smoke the 2:00 hour goal you set out with! I am positive that on another day you could have come in a few minutes faster...but you'll do that in your next race. Awesome, awesome job!

Wolfwalker, put me down with the folks that couldn't have managed to push myself that hard in a training run. Impressive. Nice fast time too!

Nothing new here...will try a short jog on Wednesday just to check in and see if the pain is gone. Until then it's the bike, strength training, and ice for me. Thrilling.

Jan26.2

Zelanie, wolf, miele - BIG CONGRATS ON YOUR RACES!!! You all should be proud of your results.

What happened in Boston yesterday is unbelievable. I'm so sorry for all those people who were hurt in any way, and for runners everywhere. I'm thankful for all of you and the friendship/support we've developed. Even those most of us will never meet in person, we all share a passion that most of don't share with our close-by friends.

PR's: 5k - 23:33/ 10k - 48:30/ 5 mi. - 39:21/ 13.1 - 1:53/ 26.2 recent - 4:34

Upcoming races: Resolution Run HM 1/1/13

Phoenix R&R    HM 1/20/13

bluerun

Super B****

Zelanie, wolf, miele -- congrats for your races!  Nice job, all.

I still can't believe what happened yesterday... it feels personal, in a way, because it really does feel like we're just one big running family.  I can't stop thinking about it.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

doctorjen

Big congrats to miele, Zelanie, and Wolf!!

I'm pretty shook up over the Boston marathon tragedy.  I feel so bad for all those affected.  One news report I read said that the little boy who died also has a 6 year old sister who lost a leg, and his mother has a brain injury and required surgery.  They were at the finish line waiting for their dad and husband to finish.  I can't even imagine.

I told a friend this morning that I'm having a hard time feeling any kind of excitement about my own marathon coming up Saturday.  It just seems so inconsequential now - who really cares whether I hit my goal, or even finish?  She reminded me that the goal of terror is to cause just those types of feelings.  I'm trying to regain some perspective.  I do know that I'll carry those affected by this tragedy with me every step on Saturday.  A bunch of my running friends committed to wearing race shirts today in honor of the Boston marathon.  Underneath my dress shirt today I'm wearing my Chicago marathon shirt from 2008, which was my first marathon.  It helps me feel connected to the running community.  I've been so blessed as a runner to have made so many friends in person and online, and to always feel like I had a community waiting for me anywhere I visited.  Running has been my personal release of tension, controller of anxiety, expression of joy, and commitment of connectedness with God, our beautiful world, and all the people in it.  My heart aches for everyone at the Boston Marathon.  I will run in today, in their honor and I will strive to remember every time I run that I am blessed to be able to do so and never take it for granted.

npaden

docjen - I've heard a few folks discussing wearing armbands or patches during their next race(s) as a tribute to Boston.  I haven't figured out the best option for me, but I'm looking into it for my marathon coming up in a few weeks.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

hectortrojan

Boston incident is terrible. My prayers go for people out there. It is very sad that it happened at an event which is supposed to be joyful event. Doctorjen, it is awful what happened to the family that you described. I pray that death count doesn’t go up and injured people get healed soon.

alot of people on the twitter community have suggested wearing blue shirts for your runs today.  I think any marathon shirt would be awesome too. Or anything boston ( even celtics yes...)  I will make some kind of black armband thing before I run today.  I don't know if anyone will see it, but I know it is there.

Remember everyone, we are much stronger than this son of a bitc#$ coward who cannot take credit for their actions.  We take full account of our actions, success and failures. We RUN, we are strong and that always wins.  The dark cloud must be moved away with the strong winds of courage.  Be strong and remember this boston for the heroes and not the criminals!!

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Half Marathon = 1:38.53  Summer Sizzle 7/13/14

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/12  4:39.11

Solo O Marathon 06/02/13  3:52:10

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/13 3:40.34

EdithRevisited

If you ask

"If you're trying to defeat the human spirit, marathoners are the wrong group to target."  Quote from fb today.

Congratulations on such awesome races, Zelanie and wolfWalker.   Thanks for the great RRs.

Jan - I do think of you all as friends that I can't wait to chat with about running (and food).

Docjen - run with pride for all of your hard work, and to prove what a resilient spirit we runners have.  We are all so blessed to be part of such a caring community.   I wore my first marathon shirt today as well.    And I know that I certainly look forward to your race report because such stories make me happy and inspire me to train harder.

Groups of runners meeting at their local hs track to run a mile at 9 pm.  Sounds like a good place to be.

Happy running and God bless.

• Charlie Horse Half Marathon - May 25
                            • PA Grand Canyon Marathon - July 27
                            • Labor Pain 12 Hour Endurance - August 31 (50k...or more!)

Jan26.2

docjen - Good Luck this weekend!!! Please don't let the events in Boston diminish your race. Run for those who can't, finish for those who didn't get to in Boston, and be proud of your accomplishment. I can't wait for the RR!

PR's: 5k - 23:33/ 10k - 48:30/ 5 mi. - 39:21/ 13.1 - 1:53/ 26.2 recent - 4:34

Upcoming races: Resolution Run HM 1/1/13

Phoenix R&R    HM 1/20/13

gosling

docjen - Totally agree with everything Jan said. Good luck this weekend!!

I ran one mile today without any pain. My shin maybe felt a little "off" at times, but no pain. I'm going to try 3 tomorrow and then will pick up my regularly scheduled taper Sunday with 5 if all feels good.