What does RA sound like? (Read 823 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

You ever become aware of what your "reading voice" sounds like in your head? I've noticed that when I read RA posts, folks tend to "sound" like the following: • If I have a notion of what the poster looks like, they tend to "sound" like someone I know in real life that resembles them (or a celebrity they resemble). •Folks posting from the UK/British Isles sound like a Monty Python sketch in my head. In general, my brain tends to assign a stereotypical regional accent when I'm aware of the poster's locale. That's one reason why I avoid "Nashvillian" threads because they start sounding like a "Hee-Haw" sketch in my brain. •(Hippie) Jeff "sounds" like Jeff Spicoli. Spicoli was more of a stoner than a hippie, but hey, like there's a difference. •People who use "celebrity" avatars tend to sound like them. PerfesserR sounds like his avatar, the Professor from Gulligan's Island. •Mikeymike "sounds" like a Kennedy. •Scout sounds a sterotypical Philly accent, a cross between Rocky Balboa with a little Tony Soprano thrown in. Which is to say, not a true Philly accent, but more like the movies, who tend to get it wrong. But hey, it's my head, ok? •And then of course, there's JakeKnight. In my head, he sounds like you would imagine a gorilla would talk -- gruff, loud, and guttural. Think Michael Clarke Duncan in the horrible Planet of the Apes remake. Does this happen to any of you, or am I just crazy? Or have I just made you all consciously aware of something you haven't ever noticed before, and you now hate me with the white-hot intensity of a thousand suns?

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hmm, I just read the posts. They don't sound like anything to me. Maybe I'm more visual than auditory?
      Scout7

You sound a lot like your mom, Jeff. Loud, and screaming all the time.

The Greatest of All Time

Well Jeff, I must admit lately you sounded like Ed McMahon to me. You're correct, sir! But then you switched to Johnny...wild and crazy stuff... So, since you can't land on one and stick from now on you're going to sound in my head like Stephen Hawking's talking computer.
          all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Lazy idiot

blah blah blah blah
            You're a UM grad, you sound like... man, I can't even come up with anything good. yes, I do this too, Jeff. It's not just you.

Tick tock

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I think I showed a lot of restraint in my original post, Scout, since I could have easily thrown down the same, simplistic, amateur joke; I chose maturity over sophomoric "humor". Speaking of restraint, your mom left her handcuffs on my nightstand again.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So what do I sound like... Evil grin Hint: more times than I can count people who have never "seen" me, but have talked to me on the phone have said that they had a completely different image of me based-upon my voice.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

I don't sound anything like South Philly, or New Jersey. I don't wear a South Philly tuxedo, I don't wear jewelry, and I'm not covered in body hair.

The Greatest of All Time

I don't wear a South Philly tuxedo
                    ??? Velvet track suit?

Scout7

??? Velvet track suit?
                      That'd be it.
                      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hint: more times than I can count people who have never "seen" me, but have talked to me on the phone have said that they had a completely different image of me based-upon my voice.
                        We'll you're charging them by the minute on those phone calls, so you have to make it worth their while, right? Evil grin [oh, snap] Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week. Be sure to tip your waitresses. Cool

Lazy idiot

Nice job, Jeffrey. Very nice.

Tick tock

The Greatest of All Time

That'd be it.
                            Nice. I have also heard them called Brooklyn Blazers. Definitive guido wear. [1/4 guido here]

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We'll you're charging them by the minute on those phone calls, so you have to make it worth their while, right? Evil grin [oh, snap] Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week. Be sure to tip your waitresses. Cool
                              *kick* (this time aims higher than shins)

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

Nice!
                                I think I showed a lot of restraint in my original post, Scout, since I could have easily thrown down the same, simplistic, amateur joke; I chose maturity over sophomoric "humor". Speaking of restraint, your mom left her handcuffs on my nightstand again.
                                Nicer! And FYI: I sound soothing and melodious.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                                -----------------------------