Baby, it's coooooooold outside!!! (Read 703 times)

2008 Philly Trifecta

Question: I got a real good feel as to what to wear in warmer weather this year. Now that the temp is dipping in to teens-30's, what do you wear? ConfusedDave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
    2008 Philly Trifecta:
    10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
    Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
    Philly Marathon-11/23
    "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If it's not windy a wicking top and fleece is good. Single layer of pants. If it's bitter cold and/or windy I will add long undies under my pants and a windbreaker...and maybe 2 wicking layers on top. On my hands fleece gloves and hat. This year I have a couple of balaclavas for really nasty stuff. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

This morning in Toronto it was -6°C with a wind chill of -16°C (21°F - feels like 3°F) I wore a long sleeve wicking base layer. Short sleeve technical t-shirt and a wind breaker. Fired a Touque on my head (or hat for our friends not from Canada) and a pair of gloves. Oh yeah... winter tights and a pair of winter undies to protect Larry, his brother Darryl and his other brother Darryl. Felt like a champ... but could have used some eye protection. JR
          Just so we get everyone on the same page using Wikipedia... tuque = beanie, knit hat, knit cap, sock cap, stocking cap, toboggan, boggan, skull cap, skully, warm winter hat, ski capor, or ski cap I call it a knit cap.

Vim

Oh yeah... winter tights and a pair of winter undies to protect Larry, his brother Darryl and his other brother Darryl.
            Big grin You don't put them in a sock or a draw string wienie warmer?

Vim

Go Pre!

This morning in Toronto it was -6°C with a wind chill of -16°C (21°F - feels like 3°F) Felt like a champ... but could have used some eye protection. JR
              Just got back...about the same temps as you this AM JR - wore a short sleeve tech, a long sleeve tech, long sleeve sweatshirt and a thin Running windbreaker. Biker short undies, running pants and extra pair of shorts. I too donned a touque. This turned out perfect. The only thing I change as iut gets colder is a slightly heavier Northface jacket , a 2nd pair of running pants and a pullover neck / mouth warmer. Oh, and sunglasses to combat the wind and cold in the eyes.
              db7

My run this morning consisted of 25 degrees and all the slush and ice you could stand. The only good thing was that I was running and the sun was out and the wind wasn't blowing. (only got sprayed by one car) DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

Teresadfp

One day at a time

My run this morning consisted of 25 degrees and all the slush and ice you could stand. The only good thing was that I was running and the sun was out and the wind wasn't blowing. (only got sprayed by one car) DB
                  25 degrees?? Wow, you're lucky! It's -1 here right now. I would love to see 25 degrees on the thermometer.
                    It was cold on my run today 72, but thats Tampa for you. I have lived in Syracuse NY -20 nooooo thank you I miss the snow though. Smile