Lingo here .. what is being said. (Read 1585 times)

One of many books I can read with my eyes closed for $1000 Alex.

thanks for clarifying that. sometimes i dont get the slightest inclination of what trent is trying to say. still dont, actually but at least i get the reference.

You'll ruin your knees!

Ha.  Oh, this is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. What, when you buy a hat like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh?

I *always* laugh at that joke in Caddyshack, but honestly I don't quite understand it.  It kind of seems like he's saying the hat is bad enough for a homeless guy in line at the soup kitchen, but I get stuck on "buy a hat" if that's the case.

And yet I still laugh.  Every single time. For 30+ years.

...but it looks good on YOU!  Ha, indeed!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Slice

LSD: Little Shit Dog. I suspect we will see this more as the weather improves.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

But not FUBAR.

I always thought it was humorous that CS types like to talk about "foo" and "bar" (and bat and baz, but I digress)... but for awhile, before Band of Brothers and before information-at-your-fingertips, lots of the people I worked with didn't seem to grasp that it came from fubar.

Yes, I've often wondered if the CS folks who keep referring to "foo" and "bar" have any idea what it means.  BTW, the way I learned it (long before the Internet existed) was "F'd Up Beyond All Repair."  A companion acronym with a military origin is SNAFU, "Situation Normal, All F'd Up."

LSD: Little Shit Dog.

If I had only taken a Little Shit Dog when I went to see Return of the Jedi instead of the other LSD.............

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

If I had only taken a Little Shit Dog when I went to see Return of the Jedi instead of the other LSD.............

Taking my dog to the movies would be a trip.

xor

Yes, I've often wondered if the CS folks who keep referring to "foo" and "bar" have any idea what it means.  BTW, the way I learned it (long before the Internet existed) was "F'd Up Beyond All Repair."  A companion acronym with a military origin is SNAFU, "Situation Normal, All F'd Up."

FUBAR was military too.  The original R was "recognition", but samo samo.

FUBAR was military too. 

kind of a running gag for about half of Saving Private Ryan

xor

kind of a running gag for about half of Saving Private Ryan

Uppham!

Uppham!

tangent: He is showing up on a lot of TV shows lately, most recently in Justified