2016 Holiday Running Streak (Read 351 times)

FSBD

I like my treadmill.

I really don't enjoy running in the dark, especially when it is cold and slippery out.

I would much rather just turn on netflix on the mill than worry about slipping and falling in the dark.

So far, this winter I have watched several interesting documentaries, the whole Luke Cage season, a few bad action movies (I like bad action movies when I am doing speed work,) and now I am about 12 episodes into Cheers.  That is a lot more fun for me than bundling up and running in the dark.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

I like my treadmill.

I really don't enjoy running in the dark, especially when it is cold and slippery out.

I would much rather just turn on netflix on the mill than worry about slipping and falling in the dark.

So far, this winter I have watched several interesting documentaries, the whole Luke Cage season, a few bad action movies (I like bad action movies when I am doing speed work,) and now I am about 12 episodes into Cheers.  That is a lot more fun for me than bundling up and running in the dark.

I do Yaktrax and Knuckle Lights to fight against the dark and slippery conditions, but just can't seem to get myself to embrace the bitter cold. Once it gets into the single-digits, I retreat to the treadmill.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'm almost done with season 6 of "Mad Men."  It makes treadmill time pass much more quickly.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

A year or so ago I saw a video of a husky at a dog park. It was time to go home, but he(or she) had a doggie fit because he didn't want to walk to the gate. After a lot of moaning and complaining, he finally decided to walk out the gate and life was good.

Day 27. Once I stepped outside I was fine.

I'm in Florida. It's 70 degrees. I have no excuse.

Joann Y

A year or so ago I saw a video of a husky at a dog park. It was time to go home, but he(or she) had a doggie fit because he didn't want to walk to the gate. After a lot of moaning and complaining, he finally decided to walk out the gate and life was good.

Day 27. Once I stepped outside I was fine.

I'm in Florida. It's 70 degrees. I have no excuse.

That's awesome! Good to see all those days filled in on your calendar. :-)

Zelanie

Ran 4 in the slush and snow.  Way better than the TM.

FSBD

Day 23.  Happy Friday everyone!

"Don't be afraid to be awesome. Sometimes being weird and different is good. When you think you're working hard, there is always someone else working harder, so always be yourself and know your stuff."

We are the music makers,

mikeymike

I like my treadmill.

Sometimes I think about things like ... if I sold my house and moved to Vermont I could afford a really, really kickass treadmill. And a whole workout room to put it in. And new skis. And seasons passes for my whole family to ski. And a truck. And some nice vacations. And college for my kids. And some other stuff. And maybe I could retire before I'm 90.

Instead I did the math and decided it wasn't worth the extra time to drive to the Y so I bundled up and went out in the dark last night and got r done. But it was probably a lot "warmer" than where you were.

Maybe some day. But hey, still in this thing!!

Runners run

Kalsarikännit

I enjoyed the periodic award show or hockey game fartlek.  During acceptance speeches seriously pick up the pace while yelling at the tv for them to stop their yammering and wrap it up already, and during hockey games pick it up during power plays while yelling at the tv anytime there is icing.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

FSBD

We actually think about moving to Cambridge a lot.  (Not that we could afford it.)  We miss city living sometimes, but overall really like it up here.  Plus we love skiing, and my daughter is really picking it up, which is a lot of fun to watch.

Last night when I was on my treadmill it was below zero and windy as hell, and we are getting the typical dusting to an inch of snow overnight, every night, that keeps everything nice and slippery.

Sometimes I think about things like ... if I sold my house and moved to Vermont I could afford a really, really kickass treadmill. And a whole workout room to put it in. And new skis. And seasons passes for my whole family to ski. And a truck. And some nice vacations. And college for my kids. And some other stuff. And maybe I could retire before I'm 90.

Instead I did the math and decided it wasn't worth the extra time to drive to the Y so I bundled up and went out in the dark last night and got r done. But it was probably a lot "warmer" than where you were.

Maybe some day. But hey, still in this thing!!

We are the music makers,

FSBD

I enjoyed the periodic award show or hockey game fartlek.  During acceptance speeches seriously pick up the pace while yelling at the tv for them to stop their yammering and wrap it up already, and during hockey games pick it up during power plays while yelling at the tv anytime there is icing.

I could do that for the hockey games.  I couldn't handle the award shows though.

We are the music makers,

Still in and no treadmill. Which won't even be a issue until maybe February. Actually don't mind running in the dark, just way more cars now than just a couple years ago.

Get off my porch

Carbs and Cabernet

Day 23.  Happy Friday everyone!

"Don't be afraid to be awesome. Sometimes being weird and different is good. When you think you're working hard, there is always someone else working harder, so always be yourself and know your stuff."

Nice quote.

It was supposed to "feel like 3 F" at 5:30 am, and even the cats refused to go out, so I experienced some trepidation this morning.

But I don't have a treadmill, or a gym membership; I do, however, own a (kinda) windproof jacket. So. Two miles until my toes asked to be taken back home. There is no way I would have gone out today if it weren't for the streak!

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Still in! A ridiculous 9.5 mi underneath the Whitehurst Freeway overpass because DC was sleet-coated all over. I'm very fortunate that I could (carefully) drive there and then run because even walking anywhere else was nearly impossible.

On-on.

dumrunner

3+ after the ice started melting. Now off to volunteer at the Devil Dog 100!