2016 Holiday Running Streak (Read 351 times)

FSBD

Day 27

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

mikeymike

Thanks, Christopher Robin, or "Sippa Wobbin" as I've heard it pronounced.

Runners run

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Sippa Wobbin must get his milk out of the refrigerlator.

Alrighty. Still in! Hope everybody's doing well.

--Christine

doctorjen

Still hanging in there. Day 34 for me. Hitting the road visiting family tomorrow, so hopefully I can keep it going. I have 52.6 miles in 11 days to go to hit my goal!

FSBD

Thanks, Christopher Robin, or "Sippa Wobbin" as I've heard it pronounced.

That makes me want to get my daughter a Winnie the Pooh book.

Today was a tough one for me.

Drove four and a half hours (should have been less but traffic sucked) met with two different surgeons, one post op and one pre op, then drove a little over 4 hours home, which still should have been less time.

But I got in 3 miles after I got home. Definitely would have been a day off if it wasn't for the streak.

We are the music makers,

jeffdonahue

Day 3,279 for me today.

I will NOT be hitting the mileage goal for this month though - would need 130+ miles in the next 10 days to beat my best month this year.  That's okay - sciatica has been killing me, but I've been stretching and it seems to be subsiding a bit.  I'm hopeful that it will be gone again by the first of the year and I can get into some good 1/2 marathon training next year.

FSBD

Day 28 rolling right along.

"If it is important to you you will find a way.  If not you will find an excuse."

We are the music makers,

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Stop it with all the truth telling! :-D

Still in. Nice job, FSBD, on your run yesterday. I find it hard to go running after days like that. I just want to sit on the couch.

--Christine

Day 28 rolling right along.

"If it is important to you you will find a way.  If not you will find an excuse."

I found my way this morning by getting up at 4am to run before travel.  Yikes.  Good thing this isn't a regular occurrence.  I would have so blown it off without the streak.

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

Christirei

Hit my December mileage goal today! A few days early but i was pretty conservative when I made the goal, I had fallen during a run in September and banged up my knee. The whole fall was spent healing and running very slow infrequent miles. I wasn't sure if 100 miles was reasonable but I feel great now and it's great to be able to build miles like this heading into the new year!

FSBD

Hit my December mileage goal today! A few days early but i was pretty conservative when I made the goal, I had fallen during a run in September and banged up my knee. The whole fall was spent healing and running very slow infrequent miles. I wasn't sure if 100 miles was reasonable but I feel great now and it's great to be able to build miles like this heading into the new year!

Nice job!  Keep up the good work and keep going.  This seems fitting for the day 29 quote;

"There are no traffic jams along the extra mile."

We are the music makers,

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Congratulations!!!! I was starting to wonder if people were headed for the barn. --Christine

FSBD

Day 30  Happy Friday before a holiday weekend.  I ran to work this morning.  I'm sure glad I bought a pair of Icebugs this year.  They are pretty great.

"Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true."

We are the music makers,

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Still in. Thanks once again for the quote. Happy holidays, everybody!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Yes, the quotes are great.  Day 30 completed, just a few minutes before midnight.  It's tough since we have six family members staying with us for a week and a half.  Just feeding 10 people three times a day is a full-time job, it seems like.  I'm thankful for the streak, or I would not be running at all.