2016 Holiday Running Streak (Read 351 times)

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

> "Ask yourself if what you are doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow. "

Stop asking these hard questions!!! :-D :-D

Still in. 7.5 mi yesterday, 9 today. 9 (out of 275!!) for December so far.

Rescheduled my colonoscopy so it wouldn't interfere with my Dec mileage goal. There were other reasons, too, but that was secretly the most important one.

--Christine

Welcome to December!

It is time to get serious and accomplish your goals so I will leave you with this thought.

I like this one a lot.  I have it on my desk at work because it applies to so many things in life.

"Ask yourself if what you are doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow. "

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

> "Ask yourself if what you are doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow. "

Stop asking these hard questions!!! :-D :-D

Still in. 7.5 mi yesterday, 9 today. 9 (out of 275!!) for December so far.

Rescheduled my colonoscopy so it wouldn't interfere with my Dec mileage goal. There were other reasons, too, but that was secretly the most important one.

--Christine

This might be the best 'what have you done to keep the streak alive' post all month, and it's only the 1st.

oldrunner59

Still streaking 3 easy today.

FSBD

Day 9, heading into the weekend.  Hope everyone has a good one and some good runs.

Quote of the day

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

Still at it - today will be day 10 for me since I started a little early. The weather here in Milwaukee has been eerily cooperative so far and I'm hoping that holds out for the balance of the year.

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Once again, an awesome quote - one of my all-time favorites.

Still in, for 9.5 mi today.

Day 9, heading into the weekend.  Hope everyone has a good one and some good runs.

Quote of the day

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”

FSBD

Day 10.

Saturday is a great day to go out and enjoy a run.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

We are the music makers,

Joann Y

Feels like training. oof. thanks fsbd. Hard to believe it's day 10.

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Still in. 9.5 mi today, including my first-ever ParkRun (Fletcher's Cove, DC). Thanks to the organizers, it was awesome!

Marylander

Still in. 9.5 mi today, including my first-ever ParkRun (Fletcher's Cove, DC). Thanks to the organizers, it was awesome!

The ParkRun thing sounds neat. I wish it was closer.

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Hi Marylander - don't know if it helps, but there's also a ParkRun in College Park: http://www.parkrun.us/collegepark/. Happy running! --Christine

Christirei

super cold and rainy morning today so just got in a few treadmill miles!

FSBD

Day 11 and a little quote to inspire your long run.

"You're a lion in a field of lions all hunting the same elusive prey with a desperate starvation that says victory is the only thing that can keep you alive."

We are the music makers,

doctorjen

Still in it!  Actually day 18 for me since I started a little early.

Im traveling again, but running by the ocean in Newport Beach has not been a hardship. I had to treadmill it this morning because an early flight would havevmeant running alone in the dark outside.

Loving the quotes!

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Still in! 16 mi today, during the last 8.5 of which I had help from my awesome Washington Running Club colleagues Jesse, Dale and John. --Christine