BAYSTATE - who is running? (Read 1234 times)

seeEricaRun

Awesome

I have a good feeling that the weather is going to be just right.
    Shh! You're going to jinx us!
      Picked up my bib and chip today #130 (had a business meeting in the area) and now I am officially getting nervous! The weather forecast still looks great. I just have to stop checking it every 15 minutes. I am in Western, MA and will drive in on Sunday AM. I run better if I eat at home and sleep in my own bed---even if I am tossing and turning. Good Luck to us all!

Me and my gang in Breck

Good Luck everyone! I"ll be near the finish line cheering everyone on.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Neitzsche "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." "Dedication and commitment are what transfer dreams into reality."

Flat footer

Got my bib and chip yesterday... #2722 Cant wait its gonna be fun!
          jeffdonahue

Just picked up my number - #411
              Just picked up my number - #411
              Thanks for sharing the info Jeff. Clowning around

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

heh

Ha! Just the taper humor I need amidst folding and refolding the singlet and shorts I plan to wear (gloves and sleeves too I think), hitting refresh on the weather.com site, hiding all the Halloween candy and re-reading my training log obsessively. Yeesh....this is my 32nd marathon since 1987 and you think I would be calm, but NOOOOOOO.......
                    holy crap, who said anything about hiding halloween candy. That is not a requirement... please. I ate a whole (small village size) bag of candy corn this afternoon. You must be talking about the rules for marathoners - not little half-marathoners... right? Undecided

I hid the Kit Kats only AFTER I had hoovered up half the bag! Half-marathon or full-marathon------taper madness applies to all!
                        Yeesh....this is my 32nd marathon since 1987 and you think I would be calm, but NOOOOOOO.......
                        It's only my third, but I thought I was remaining remarkably calm. Then people started picking up their numbers, and that somehow made things much more real. Eek.

E.J.
                        Greater Lowell Road Runners
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Flat footer

holy crap, who said anything about hiding halloween candy. That is not a requirement... please. I ate a whole (small village size) bag of candy corn this afternoon. You must be talking about the rules for marathoners - not little half-marathoners... right? Undecided
                          Keep eating bags of candy corn and you wont be a little half-marathoner for long...
                          seeEricaRun

Awesome

It's only my third, but I thought I was remaining remarkably calm. Then people started picking up their numbers, and that somehow made things much more real. Eek.
                            I know what you mean. I just picked up my number (#1134 in da ho-ouse) and flipped from nervous to terrified. If anyone wants to find me, I'll probably wear a hot pink dress (like the one to the left) - it's become sort of a tradition. And if anyone's interested, here's a list of the numbers posted so far. Stalk away: See BadDawg's roster on the first page, cuz I didn't.
                              Keep eating bags of candy corn and you wont be a little half-marathoner for long...
                              them's fightin' words - don't you know about all the starving kids in Africa? I'm a member of the clean plate club - bib #3039 representing! Smile

nkeliher

Running nut

I can't wait either - I'm doing an semi-active taper and the activity, although minimal, is keeping me sane. 3-mile tempo tomorrow am with 1m warmup and 1mile cooldown and I'll be set. Might ride the bike a bit on Friday to stay loose. It's so hard to keep the eating in check. I'm just repeating to myself: eat but don't overeat. Didn't get my bib number yet; I'll have to wait till the expo/dinner. I'll post it on Saturday pm once I get home (if anyone's still online at that time). Look forward to passing or being passed by you guys.