Brooks Adrenaline GTS 10 durability? (Read 2151 times)

Not Your Average Joe

I've run about 227 miles in the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 10s and they are already feeling dead.  I feel like I should be getting more miles out of them, but I weighed an average of 215 lbs for those miles, might be a factor.  Who else is using these and what kind of mileage are you getting?

Hi!

Menace to Sobriety

I've been in the Adrenaline model since the 5s. I pretty much get 300-350 per pair. (6'2" 205 lbs, ~40 MPW)  I can't generally feel anything specific in the shoe, but when I get up around 300 miles I start to notice subtle aches in my back and ankles. FWIW, the 11s are out now and I've got about 260 on my first pair and like them better than the 10s.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

AXes

I'm on my third pair of  the Adrenaline 10s.  6'2" 215ish.  Seems like around 400 miles when they don't feel the same.

Craig - thanks for the note on the 11s.  Have been debating those versus rotating in some Mizunos.

Do you know the feeling I know? When your legs have disappeared, and there is only your heart, your lungs, and your eyes skimming disembodied through the air? - Jeff

DaBurger

i've been with Adrenalines since GTS 8, I've gotten 600-800 miles on 4 pairs of 9/10's, (even though a lot of people thought the 9's were bad) with no problems, I'm also a sophomore college runner at 158 lbs and I rotate through 3 or 4 pairs of shoes at a time to let them decompress (which seems to live up to the hype)

Know thyself.

Matt_B

I got some mizuno wave inspire 6's that I rotate with my Adrenaline 10's. I wish I would have just gotten the 11's. I'm not all that impressed with them. I get about 350-400 miles at 180 lbs on the Adrenalines.

I'm on my third pair of  the Adrenaline 10s.  6'2" 215ish.  Seems like around 400 miles when they don't feel the same.

Craig - thanks for the note on the 11s.  Have been debating those versus rotating in some Mizunos.

using gts since the 8's.  first time tracking mileage.  also rotate 2 pairs of the 10's along with the asr trail version.  slowly working in new pair.  older pair now has 450 or so miles & still doing good.  newer pair have around 100.   looking forward to the 11's but wont be for awhile.  5  7"  148

tomatolover

It's interesting that you asked that, as I've been wearing the adrenalines 10's for 4 rotations of shoes....My first pair I got close to 500 miles on with no problems, while my second pair couldn't take me to 300 without feeling funky...Don't know why, as my running conditions & weight stayed the same...I'm on my 3rd & 4th pair now and also rotating with a pair of Brooks Launch which my feet and body seem to like.  

sluggo

John

I suppose this thread is predisposed to draw comments about short mileage on these shoes.

I have been disappointed in the mileage I have been getting too. I have been wearing Brooks Adrenaline's for a while now. I was always getting 400 to 500 mi but with the 10's it seems like I start getting IT Band issues somewhere near 300 mi. (The shoe still feel fine while I run but I think all shoes feel fine while I run.)

Could be coincidence with poor training technique or aging faster now that I had nose-to-nose with 60. I have never been much for rotating shoes. When the old ones are getting near age, I restrict their use to muddy runs. I also don't believe in letting them rest for decompression. I am almost always at least 12 hr between runs. If a shoe needs more than that to recover, I think the shoe has a problem.

Maybe better stretching, a little cross training, and the new 11's will give me better mileage.

Just one personal, non-expert story. Consider at your own risk...

John
                  www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

Feeling the growl again

I got just over 1000 miles from a pair of them once.

A shoe with 100 miles will not feel the same as a new one.  Nor will one at 200 miles feel the same as one at 100 miles.

Everyone is individual, so I go with when I start feeling any sort of issues with a pair, note the mileage, then trash the next pair before they reach that point.  That point is now 700 miles and the last 200 miles I try to restrict them to runs under 10 miles (so I rotate a newer and older pair at most times).

I was recently stupid and ran the pair I use on the treadmill to 860 miles as they don't seem to wear as fast there.  I feel this is partly responsible for some of my foot issues now.  I should have known better.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

I could get around 550 miles out of a pair of Adrenaline 9's. I used the 10's and made it to about 350-400 miles before I started having IT band problems (maybe unrelated but worth mentioning, I guess) and the shoes felt different. I'm on the 11's now and am up to 238 miles with no issues so far. Fingers crossed.

Disclaimer: obviously I wear the chick version of these shoes. I'm not sure what the differences between dude and chick shoes are or if they are minimal. Feel free to disregard my experience if you feel so inclined.

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

Mrcrumpton

I have 464 miles on my 10's and stopped running longer than 4 miles on them once I crossed 400 at a time because of the pain. My last run on them around 3 miles caused knee pain for over a week. I am currently running the 11's and hopefully they will perform longer.

2013 Goals

• 5K-20:00
                        • 10K-44:00
                        • 1/2 Marathon-1:38
                        • Marathon-3:30
                        • Complete 50 Miler

I've run about 227 miles in the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 10s and they are already feeling dead.  I feel like I should be getting more miles out of them, but I weighed an average of 215 lbs for those miles, might be a factor.  Who else is using these and what kind of mileage are you getting?

i ran one cross country season in the adrenaline 10s and then they fell apart. i had them for only 4 months

Goals For 2011:

sub 2:30 800m

Sub 6:00 Mile (PR 5:34)

Sub 20:00 5k

250 Mile Club

I was around 170s~ when I used my 10s. I got 420+ on one pair and 375 on the other pair. I also had some other new shoes in rotation as that went along.

Goals: To keep running regardless of what happens.