On average, how many runs do you do for the same set of running clothes before washing them? (Read 903 times)

jingchunyu

On average, how many runs do you do for the same set of running clothes before washing them?

an amazing likeness

We had a fun thread on this a while back...let see if I can find it... mta: I give up...I can never get the search to hit what I want...and I keep finding other interesting things that divert me down funny rabbit holes. It was a good thread. My reply -- I wash 'em when they start to get gamey. The exact definition of "gamey" seems to be variable between me and the others in the house.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Slow Runner

Once for me for the most part....I sweat a lot...And after a while it doesn't matter, cause no matter how much you wash the tech shirts will smell just as funky coming out as they did going in....
          1-2 depending on a variety of factors.

Just Happy to Run

None if you run this. Big grin Sometimes with my lunch runs at work a shirt or shorts might get a second run before wash. Usually has to do with me forgetting to get what I need together in the morning before going to work...
            Jason

2010 Goals
            • M PR (Current: 6:27:00) • HM PR (Current: 2:13:14) • 5k under 25:00 • 10k under 59:00 • Weekly Milage of ~25 miles
            flovesparko

Usually only once unless I am completely desperate.
              jeffdonahue

Until they are walking on their - or the stench is so bad that my wife complains and throws them in the laundry.
                Rundadrun27

3-4 which is usually about the time my wife starts to complain.
                  DoppleBock

Everytime - Yuck I sweat a lot In the winter time on TM - I will go through a t-shirt every 5-6 miles I do 3 loads of running clothes each week -

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

I do 3 loads of running clothes each week -
                      dude. i'm guessing your washing machine doesn't take quarters...
                      mikeymike

I don't have sets of running cloths.

Runners run

Renee the dog

Once for me for the most part....I sweat a lot...And after a while it doesn't matter, cause no matter how much you wash the tech shirts will smell just as funky coming out as they did going in....
                          Slow, any luck with Oxyclean? That works for me if I add it to the wash. Also, last year I bought a steam washer. The steam is tougher than any sweat odor so far. Smile I still add a bit of oxyclean just in case though. Once and done for me. I like wearing clean clothes.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Menace to Sobriety

I wash them everytime.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Like a week. Srsly. Good thing I have lots of PT shorts that the army gave me for free hehe. OK, well since it getting hotter out and I sweat like a pig I'll probably start cycling thru shorts a little sooner. Maybe every 5 runs...depends on the sweatitude...
                                I don't have sets of running cloths.
                                If running cloths are anything like loin cloths, then this is probably a good thing.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR